cabozantinib for Advanced or Metastatic Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma
This trial will compare the effects of a combination of two drugs, nivolumab and cabozantinib, to standard treatment in people with metastatic kidney cancer.
- Advanced or Metastatic Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Collecting Duct Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Fumarate Hydratase Deficient Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Chromophobe Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Kidney Papillary Cell Carcinoma
- Succinate Dehydrogenase Deficient Renal Cell Carcinoma
1 Primary · 0 Secondary · Reporting Duration: 2 years
4 Treatment Groups
Cohort 4: Unclassified, papillary, and HL RCC
1 of 4
Cohort 1: Unclassified, papillary, and HL RCC
1 of 4
Cohort 2: Chromophobe RCC
1 of 4
Cohort 3: Unclassified, papillary, and HL RCC
1 of 4
97 Total Participants · 4 Treatment Groups
Primary Treatment: cabozantinib · No Placebo Group · Phase 2
Who is running the clinical trial?
Age 18+ · All Participants · 10 Total Inclusion CriteriaMark “Yes” if the following statements are true for you:
- Lee CH, Voss MH, Carlo MI, Chen YB, Zucker M, Knezevic A, Lefkowitz RA, Shapnik N, Dadoun C, Reznik E, Shah NJ, Owens CN, McHugh DJ, Aggen DH, Laccetti AL, Kotecha R, Feldman DR, Motzer RJ. Phase II Trial of Cabozantinib Plus Nivolumab in Patients With Non-Clear-Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma and Genomic Correlates. J Clin Oncol. 2022 Jul 20;40(21):2333-2341. doi: 10.1200/JCO.21.01944. Epub 2022 Mar 17.
- 2018. "A Study of Nivolumab In Combination With Cabozantinib in Patients With Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma". ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03635892.
Frequently Asked Questions
Has there ever been a comparable research project undertaken before?
"Since 2012, cabozantinib has been under intense clinical scrutiny. Exelixis initiated the first trial with 86 participants in that same year, leading to its Phase 2 drug approval status. Currently there are 793 active trials for this medication spanning 53 different nations and 2553 cities." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Are there multiple research centers conducting this experiment in the metropolis?
"Patients may enroll in this clinical trial at seven different medical centres, like Memorial Sloan Kettering Commack in Commack, Montvale's Memorial Sloan Kettering Bergen or the Uniondale-based Memorial Sloan Kettering Nassau." - Anonymous Online Contributor
What medical applications does cabozantinib typically treat?
"Cabozantinib is frequently used to battle malignant tumors, and can be helpful in addressing unresectable melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, as well as metastatic esophageal adenocarcinoma." - Anonymous Online Contributor
What is the estimated sample size of this research endeavor?
"Confirmed. Clinicaltrials.gov has data confirming that the trial initiated on August 13th, 2018 is currently enrolling participants - 97 individuals from 7 different medical centres are needed for this study to be successful." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Could you elucidate on other research efforts involving cabozantinib?
"At the time of writing, 793 cabozantinib studies are operational worldwide. Of these active trials, a notable 90 have advanced to Phase 3. Although Zurich is identified as one of the prime locations for this treatment's clinical trials, there exist 43550 other sites in which research into cabozantinib is being conducted." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Are any spots still available to volunteer for this research project?
"Affirmative, according to the information displayed on clinicaltrials.gov this medical trial is currently in need of participants. It was first posted on August 13th 2018 and recently updated October 26th 2022 with a requirement for 97 patients from 7 sites." - Anonymous Online Contributor
What have been the effects of cabozantinib on human subjects?
"Our team at Power assigned cabozantinib a safety rating of 2, as this is a Phase 2 trial and there is thus evidence for its safety but not yet efficacy." - Anonymous Online Contributor