Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Horyzons USA for Schizophrenia
This trial is testing whether an online social media platform with therapeutic content, called Horyzons, can help people with first-episode psychosis. The trial will enroll clients from 4 FEP clinics in North Carolina, who will be assigned to one of two groups. Cohort 1 will have access to the platform for 3 months and cohort 2 will have access to the platform for 6 months. All interventions and assessments will be completed online/remotely due to the global pandemic.
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizophreniform Disorder
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have been diagnosed with certain mental illnesses including schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, schizophreniform disorder, or unspecified schizophrenia spectrum or other psychotic disorder.You have not had any thoughts of hurting yourself in the month before joining the study.
- Group 1: FEP Clients
- Group 2: FEP Clinicians
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of this clinical investigation?
"The primary aim of this 6-month trial is to assess the mean change in MOS Social Support Survey Total Score across both cohorts. Secondary objectives include determining the changes in Psychological Wellbeing Scale Short Form and SIAS scores for each cohort over time."
Are there any vacancies for this trial that participants may apply to join?
"This medical research, first published on January 19th 2021, is actively seeking participants. The trial's information was most recently revised on February 10th 2022 according to clinicaltrials.gov."
What criteria must be met for individuals to take part in this clinical experiment?
"This medical trial is targeting 117 people with schizophreniform disorders within the age range of 18-35. To be qualified, individuals must meet both criteria."
How many participants are being monitored in this research project?
"Confirmed. According to the information on clinicaltrials.gov, this trial is in need of patient participation and has been open since January 19th 2021. The study requires 117 individuals from a single location and was last updated February 10th 2022."
Is this trial open to individuals aged 35 or above?
"Individuals aged 18 to 35 are the only ones eligible for this medical trial. Those younger than 18 and older than 65 can explore 352 and 903 alternative trials respectively."
Share this study with friends