This trial compares radiation therapy with chemotherapy to radiation therapy alone to see which is more effective in treating patients with early cervical cancer who have already undergone surgery.
- Cervical Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Stage IA Cervical Cancer
- Stage IB Cervical Cancer
- Cervical Adenosquamous Carcinoma
- Cervical Adenocarcinoma
- Stage I Cervical Cancer
- Stage IIA Cervical Cancer
1 Primary · 7 Secondary · Reporting Duration: Up to 11 years
2 Treatment Groups
Arm I (EBRT, IMRT)
1 of 2
Arm II (cisplatin, EBRT, IMRT)
1 of 2
341 Total Participants · 2 Treatment Groups
Primary Treatment: Cisplatin · No Placebo Group · Phase 3
Who is running the clinical trial?
Age 18+ · Female Participants · 2 Total Inclusion CriteriaMark “Yes” if the following statements are true for you:
- Kim, Hakyoung, Won Park, Young Seok Kim, and Yeon Joo Kim. 2020. “Chemoradiotherapy Is Not Superior to Radiotherapy Alone After Radical Surgery for Cervical Cancer Patients with Intermediate-risk Factor”. Journal of Gynecologic Oncology. Asian Society of Gynecologic Oncology; Korean Society of Gynecologic Oncology and Colposcopy. doi:10.3802/jgo.2020.31.e35.
- 2010. "Radiation Therapy With or Without Chemotherapy in Patients With Stage I-IIA Cervical Cancer Who Previously Underwent Surgery". ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01101451.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there other ongoing investigations utilizing Cisplatin?
"The year 1997 saw City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center first study cisplatin. In the years since, there have been a total of 1686 completed studies with 773 ongoing trials. Many of these are located in Columbus, Ohio." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Are Canadian medical facilities part of this research project?
"There are 100 hospitals and other medical facilities participating in this trial, including Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada in Columbus, OptumCare Cancer Care at Fort Apache in Portsmouth, Riverside Methodist Hospital in Toledo." - Anonymous Online Contributor
What diseases or conditions is Cisplatin used to treat?
"While most commonly used to treat neoplasm metastasis, Cisplatin can also be administered to patients with advanced ovarian cancer that has not responded well to other treatments." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Are there any severe side effects that have been associated with Cisplatin?
"Cisplatin has received a safety score of 3. This is based on the fact that it is Phase 3 trial, meaning there have been multiple rounds of data supporting its efficacy and safety." - Anonymous Online Contributor