This trial will test an allogeneic, multi-virus specific T cell therapy for six viral pathogens.
- Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) Infection
- Adenovirus Infections
- BK Virus Infection
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Human Herpes Virus 6 (HHV-6) Infection
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML)
0 Primary · 5 Secondary · Reporting Duration: Through Week 14 and 26
2 Treatment Groups
1 of 2
1 of 2
302 Total Participants · 2 Treatment Groups
Primary Treatment: Posoleucel (ALVR105) · Has Placebo Group · Phase 2 & 3
Who is running the clinical trial?
Age Any Age · All Participants · 9 Total Inclusion CriteriaMark “Yes” if the following statements are true for you:
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
|Did not meet criteria||100.0%|
Why did patients apply to this trial?
- "I have been dealing with CFS for 3 years now. Age 80. Never been a drinker or smoker. CFS seems to be getting worse. Huge CRP labs. Tested positive for EBV in 3 different simultaneous tests. Chemical engineer. Widowed."
How many prior treatments have patients received?
- Tzannou, Ifigeneia, Anastasia Papadopoulou, Swati Naik, Kathryn Leung, Caridad A. Martinez, Carlos A. Ramos, George Carrum, et al.. 2017. “Off-the-shelf Virus-specific T Cells to Treat BK Virus, Human Herpesvirus 6, Cytomegalovirus, Epstein-barr Virus, and Adenovirus Infections After Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem-cell Transplantation”. Journal of Clinical Oncology. American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). doi:10.1200/jco.2017.73.0655.
- Posoleucel (ALVR105), an Off-the-Shelf, Multivirus-Specific T-Cell Therapy, for the Prevention of Viral Infections Post-HCT: Results from an Open-Label Cohort of a Phase 2 Trial Sanjeet S Dadwal, Michael Shuster, Gary Douglas Myers, Keith Boundy, Marshelle Warren, Elizabeth Stoner, Thuy Truong, Joshua A. Hill Blood (2021) 138 (Supplement 1): 1760.
- 2022. "Study of Posoleucel (ALVR105, Formerly Viralym-M) for Multi-Virus Prevention in Patients Post-Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplant". ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05305040.
Frequently Asked Questions
Could you estimate how many hospitals are running this trial?
"To make enrolling easier for patients, this trial is being run out of 50 locations. 3 of these sites are in Richmond, Nashville and Toronto with the other 47 located elsewhere." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Are people still being sought out for this research project?
"This study, which can be found on clinicaltrials.gov, is looking for participants. The trial was first posted on March 21st, 2022 and was last edited on November 8th, 2022." - Anonymous Online Contributor