Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
SWELL Trial Summary
This trial will test a new intervention to prevent severe mental illness in young people who are at high risk. The intervention will target early preceding factors to severe mental illness, which are often impairing and distressing to the individual but can be improved with self-management skills and parent training. The goal is to intervene early enough in the young person's life that severe mental illness can be prevented.
- Bipolar Disorder
SWELL Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
SWELL Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
SWELL Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have had more than three sessions of therapy with a mental health professional in the past year.You have a severe mental illness like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or severe major depressive disorder.You have experienced symptoms like hearing or seeing things that aren't there, feeling anxious or having frequent mood swings.
- Group 1: maCBT
- Group 2: Comparison
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way for me to be involved in this research project?
"To be included in this medical trial, subjects must have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder and fall between the ages of 9 and 21. The research team is looking to recruit 360 participants."
Does this trial restrict participation to individuals of a certain age range?
"This clinical trial is exclusively for those aged 9 to 21. As such, there are 91 trials specifically targeting minors and 449 studies recruiting adults over the age of 65."
Are participants currently being sought for this experiment?
"Affirmative. According to the details on clinicaltrials.gov, this medical trial was initially announced on March 22nd 2014 and has recently been updated on February 6th 2023 with 360 participants sought from one site only."
What is the participant enrollment size for this experiment?
"Affirmative. Information posted on clinicaltrials.gov indicates that this medical research is actively seeking participants, with 360 individuals being targeted across one site since it was first published in March 2014 and last modified in February 2023."
Share this study with friends