Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial looks at the effects of a phone-based walking intervention.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You plan to live in the Columbia, SC area for the next year.You have other health conditions that make it unsafe for you to exercise, apart from arthritis.You have a significant problem with thinking and memory.You have been diagnosed with arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus, or fibromyalgia by a doctor or other health professional.You plan to live in the Columbia, SC area for the next year.A doctor or health professional has told you that you have arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus, or fibromyalgia.You are willing to be randomly assigned to either group.You are okay with being randomly assigned to either the treatment or control group.A doctor has diagnosed you with arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus, or fibromyalgia.
- Group 1: Phone-Based Walk With Ease Program
- Group 2: Delayed Phone-Based Walk With Ease Program
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current patient selection criteria for this clinical trial?
"Affirmative. Clinicaltrials.gov provides information that reveals this medical investigation has been recruiting patients since April 1st 2022, with the latest update occurring on July 4th 2022; 300 individuals are being sought from a single location."
Has enrollment for this research study opened up to the public yet?
"Affirmative. The information on clinicaltrials.gov proves the ongoing recruitment for this trial, which was originally posted on April 1st 2022, is still in progress. 300 individuals need to be enrolled from one medical centre."
What objectives is this clinical trial attempting to accomplish?
"This medical study will span a time period of twelve months and its primary outcome is an alteration in the participant's physical function - chair stands. Alternate objectives include shifting Physical Limitations based on HAQ (Health Assessment Questionnaire) scores, adjusting overall moderate or vigorous intensity physical activity monitored by GT3x Link Actigraph monitors, as well as fluctuating Diastolic/Systolic blood pressure levels measured in mmHg."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
What site did they apply to?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
What questions have other patients asked about this trial?
How responsive is this trial?
Most responsive sites:
- University of South Carolina: < 24 hours
Typically responds via
Average response time
- < 2 Days
Share this study with friends