This trial will help to improve the app so that it can provide a more personalized experience for users and help with the recovery from concussion.
- Acquired Brain Injury
2 Primary · 1 Secondary · Reporting Duration: Approximately 3 years
Awards & Highlights
1 Treatment Group
Pacing and Planning App
1 of 1
200 Total Participants · 1 Treatment Group
Primary Treatment: Pacing and Planning App · No Placebo Group · N/A
Who is running the clinical trial?
Age 18+ · All Participants · 2 Total Inclusion CriteriaMark “Yes” if the following statements are true for you:
- Savola, O., and M. Hillbom. 2003. “Early Predictors of Post-concussion Symptoms in Patients with Mild Head Injury”. European Journal of Neurology. Wiley. doi:10.1046/j.1468-1331.2003.00552.x.
- Schneider, Kathryn J, John J Leddy, Kevin M Guskiewicz, Tad Seifert, Michael McCrea, Noah D Silverberg, Nina Feddermann-Demont, Grant L Iverson, Alix Hayden, and Michael Makdissi. 2017. “Rest and Treatment/rehabilitation Following Sport-related Concussion: A Systematic Review”. British Journal of Sports Medicine. BMJ. doi:10.1136/bjsports-2016-097475.
- Savola O, Hillbom M. Early predictors of post-concussion symptoms in patients with mild head injury. Eur J Neurol. 2003 Mar;10(2):175-81. doi: 10.1046/j.1468-1331.2003.00552.x.
- Schneider KJ, Leddy JJ, Guskiewicz KM, Seifert T, McCrea M, Silverberg ND, Feddermann-Demont N, Iverson GL, Hayden A, Makdissi M. Rest and treatment/rehabilitation following sport-related concussion: a systematic review. Br J Sports Med. 2017 Jun;51(12):930-934. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2016-097475. Epub 2017 Mar 24.
- 2021. "The Parkwood Pacing and Planning™ App". ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03957343.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are individuals able to enroll in this experiment at the present time?
"Data on clinicaltrials.gov confirms that this trial, which was initially published on February 1st 2021, is actively recruiting patients. The study has been updated most recently on the 8th of February in 2021." - Anonymous Online Contributor
What is the recruitment rate of participants for this experiment?
"Yes, the apposite information found on clinicaltrials.gov indicates that this research endeavour is presently soliciting participants. It was initially posted in February 2021 and revised later that same month; 200 patients are being sought at a single trial site." - Anonymous Online Contributor