This trial is testing a new type of stent for aortic aneurysms. They will compare outcomes and quality of life measures for patients who receive this new stent to those who don't.
- Juxtarenal Aortic Aneurysm
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Type IV Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysms
4 Primary · 2 Secondary · Reporting Duration: baseline, 6 weeks, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years.
0 Treatment Group
200 Total Participants · 0 Treatment Group
Primary Treatment: Treatment · No Placebo Group · N/A
Who is running the clinical trial?
Age 18+ · All Participants · 3 Total Inclusion CriteriaMark “Yes” if the following statements are true for you:
- Kärkkäinen, Jussi M., Giuliano de A. Sandri, Emanuel R. Tenorio, Thanila A. Macedo, Janet Hofer, Peter Gloviczki, Stephen Cha, and Gustavo S. Oderich. 2019. “Prospective Assessment of Health-related Quality of Life After Endovascular Repair of Pararenal and Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysms Using Fenestrated-branched Endografts”. Journal of Vascular Surgery. Elsevier BV. doi:10.1016/j.jvs.2018.07.060.
- Tenorio, Emanuel R., Jussi M. Kärkkäinen, Bernardo C. Mendes, Randall R. DeMartino, Thanila A. Macedo, Alisa Diderrich, Jan Hofer, and Gustavo S. Oderich. 2020. “Outcomes of Directional Branches Using Self-expandable or Balloon-expandable Stent Grafts During Endovascular Repair of Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysms”. Journal of Vascular Surgery. Elsevier BV. doi:10.1016/j.jvs.2019.07.079.
- Oderich, Gustavo S., Emanuel R. Tenorio, Bernardo C. Mendes, Guilherme Baumgardt Barbosa Lima, Giulianna Barreira Marcondes, Naveed Saqib, Jan Hofer, Joshua Wong, and Thanila A. Macedo. 2021. “Midterm Outcomes of a Prospective, Nonrandomized Study to Evaluate Endovascular Repair of Complex Aortic Aneurysms Using Fenestrated-branched Endografts”. Annals of Surgery. Ovid Technologies (Wolters Kluwer Health). doi:10.1097/sla.0000000000004982.
- Chait, Jesse, Emanuel R. Tenorio, Bernardo C. Mendes, Guilherme B. Barbosa Lima, Giulianna B. Marcondes, Joshua Wong, Thanila A. Macedo, Randall R. De Martino, and Gustavo S. Oderich. 2022. “Impact of Gap Distance Between Fenestration and Aortic Wall on Target Artery Instability Following Fenestrated-branched Endovascular Aortic Repair”. Journal of Vascular Surgery. Elsevier BV. doi:10.1016/j.jvs.2022.01.135.
- Karkkainen JM, Sandri GA, Tenorio ER, Macedo TA, Hofer J, Gloviczki P, Cha S, Oderich GS. Prospective assessment of health-related quality of life after endovascular repair of pararenal and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms using fenestrated-branched endografts. J Vasc Surg. 2019 May;69(5):1356-1366.e6. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2018.07.060. Epub 2018 Oct 24.
- Tenorio ER, Karkkainen JM, Mendes BC, DeMartino RR, Macedo TA, Diderrich A, Hofer J, Oderich GS. Outcomes of directional branches using self-expandable or balloon-expandable stent grafts during endovascular repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. 2020 May;71(5):1489-1502.e6. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2019.07.079. Epub 2019 Oct 11.
- Gustavo Oderich 2013. "Complex Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair With Fenestrated Stent Grafts". ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01937949.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many participants are there in this clinical trial?
"Affirmative, the information on clinicaltrials.gov affirms that this research is currently recruiting patients. This study was initially made public on August 1st 2013 and last revised on October 31st 2022. Approximatley 200 volunteers are required from a single medical center." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Are there any slots available for this research project?
"This research project is currently seeking participants; the trial was first made public on August 1, 2013 and has been edited most recently on October 31st 2022." - Anonymous Online Contributor