Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Anifrolumab for Lupus(Tulip SC Trial)
Tulip SC Trial Summary
This trial is testing a new drug for lupus patients who are not responding to current treatments.
Tulip SC Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Tulip SC Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Tulip SC Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have a diagnosis of pediatric or adult SLE according to the ACR 1997 revised criteria for ≥ 24 weeks prior to signing the ICF.The patient has a PGA score of 1.0 or greater.This is not a complete criterion. Please provide more information or context.You have moderate disease activity in at least two areas of your body as determined by BILAG2004 evaluation.
- Group 1: Anifrolumab
- Group 2: Placebo
- Pivotal Trial - The final step before approval, pivotal trials feature drugs that have already shown basic safety & efficacy.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any open slots for new patients in this clinical trial?
"The clinicaltrials.gov website reveals that this study is still actively looking for volunteers. The trial was first advertised on June 8th, 2021 and was most recently updated on October 24th, 2022."
Could you please list which hospitals are conducting this research?
"Presently, this clinical trial is being conducted in 27 locations, which are situated in Upland, Newark, Manhasset, and other cities. If you choose to enroll in this trial, try to select the location closest to you to reduce travel time."
Has there been previous research on Medi-546?
"Medi-546 was first studied in 2021 at Research Site. It has since been used in 18245 clinical trials. Presently, there are 3 ongoing studies, the majority of which are based in Upland, California."
How many people are guinea pigs in this experiment?
"That is correct. According to the most recent update on clinicaltrials.gov, this study is still recruiting patients. The trial was first posted on June 8th, 2021 and was last updated on October 24th, 2020. They are looking for 360 participants across 27 sites."
Does this experiment represent a breakthrough in medical research?
"AstraZeneca first sponsored a study for Medi-546 in 2021. Since then, there has been significant global research interest in the drug. Medi-546 received its Phase 3 drug approval after the first study in 2021, which involved 360 participants. As of now, there are 3 active trials for Medi-546 being conducted in 40 cities across 28 countries."
When can patients expect Medi-546 to hit the market?
"Medi-546 is in Phase 3 of clinical trials, so there is some data supporting efficacy and multiple rounds of data supporting safety, making it a 3 on our safety scale."
If I meet the qualifications, may I enroll in this research study?
"The ideal candidate for this study would have lupus erythematosus, systemic and be within the age bracket of 18 to 70. A total of 360 individuals are needed for this clinical trial."
Would it be possible to enroll in this experiment if I am over the age of seventy?
"The age requirements for this study are that participants must have turned 18 but not yet reached their 70th birthday."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
Share this study with friends