Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial is testing the effectiveness and safety of two different doses of masitinib, compared to placebo, in treating patients with severe MCAS who have not responded well to other treatments.
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Side effects dataFrom 2009 Phase 3 trial • 463 Patients • NCT00113763
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have been treated for MCAS or received any new medication for it within the last 4 weeks.You have previously been treated with a medication called Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor.You have a type of mastocytosis called systemic indolent mastocytosis.You have mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS).
- Group 1: Placebo & BSC
- Group 2: Masitinib (6.0) & BSC
- Group 3: Masitinib (4.5) & BSC
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Has the FDA sanctioned Best supportive care?
"Best supportive care has been assigned a safety rating of 2, given that there is some evidence confirming it's security but none showing its effectiveness."
Is it possible to still apply for participation in this research endeavor?
"Affirmative, clinicaltrials.gov confirms that this medical experiment was posted on July 1st 2022 and is currently recruiting for 72 participants from a single site."
Am I eligible to enroll in this research study?
"This clinical trial is open to patients who have been diagnosed with mast cell activation syndrome and are between the ages of 18 and 75. A maximum of 72 individuals will be accepted into this medical experiment."
Could persons of advanced age participate in this experiment?
"The participants of this trial must be aged between 18-75. For those under the age of 18, there are 377 studies available and for a person over 65 years old, 995 studies can be found."
How many participants are being accepted into this research project?
"Affirmative. Per clinicaltrials.gov, this medical study is currently recruiting participants and was first posted on July 1st of 2022 with its last update occurring on the 18th of that same month. The goal is to enrol 72 patients at a single site."
Share this study with friends