Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Tai Chi for Osteoarthritis
This triallooks at how exercise and education can affect gut microbiota in people with osteoarthritis, as a first step towards larger trials.
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have taken antibiotics or probiotics in the last 4 weeks, you have had gastrointestinal issues like irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, or history of gastrointestinal cancer or surgery. You may also have had severe gastrointestinal symptoms that required medical attention, opportunistic infections or evidence of hepatitis B or C virus infection.You have a serious medical condition, such as dementia, cancer, heart, kidney, or liver disease that may limit your ability to participate in the study.You are 55 years of age or older.Your WOMAC pain subscale score is 40 or higher at baseline (Month 0).You meet the standards set by the American College of Rheumatology for symptomatic osteoarthritis.
- Group 1: Wellnes Education
- Group 2: Tai Chi
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there still the potential to join this experiment?
"Evidenced by clinicaltrials.gov, this trial is no longer seeking candidates and has not been since it was last updated on November 14th 2022. Though the study isn't actively recruiting, 613 other medical experiments are currently looking for volunteers."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
What site did they apply to?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
Share this study with friends