Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Cartiva Implant for Osteoarthritis(GRIP 2 Trial)
GRIP 2 Trial Summary
This trial will compare the effectiveness of Cartiva to LRTI for treating osteoarthritis of the first CMC joint in the hand.
GRIP 2 Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
GRIP 2 Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
GRIP 2 Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- Your QuickDASH score, which measures your ability to perform daily tasks, is 20 or higher before surgery.Your bones are strong enough and you don't need extra support from a bone graft.
- Group 1: Cartiva
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many venues are currently offering this research endeavor?
"Presently, the trial is being hosted at 5 separate sites. These are situated in San Diego, Indianapolis and New York City with 2 additional spots scattered elsewhere. It's recommended that participants select a location near them to diminish travel burdens if they choose to join the study."
Is this medical research in need of additional participants?
"Unfortunately, the data hosted on clinicaltrials.gov indicates that this medical study is not currently recruiting patients - it was initially posted in December 2017 and updated last in December 2020. However, 613 other studies are actively searching for participants at present time."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
What site did they apply to?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
Share this study with friends