Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial will test if an online decision aid and eHealth program can help reduce stigma and improve PrEP and opioid use disorder care for women involved in the criminal justice system.
- Opioid Use Disorder
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- Individuals who were assigned female at birth.You meet the medical requirements for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis).You have a problem with using opioid drugs, regardless of whether you are receiving treatment for it or not.You are not able to communicate well in English or Spanish.
- Group 1: Athena Strategy
- Group 2: Decision Aid
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Pivotal Trial - The final step before approval, pivotal trials feature drugs that have already shown basic safety & efficacy.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any possibility of my becoming a participant in this research?
"This clinical trial, which is open to cis-women between 18 and 49 years of age who have HIV, requires participants to possess a functioning cellphone or landline phone. In addition, they must be confirmed as being HIV negative through point-of-care 4th generation Ag/Ab testing and meet certain criteria for PrEPe HIV, requires participants to possess a functioning cellphone or landline phone. In addition, they must be confirmed as being HIV negative through point-of-care 4th generation Ag/Ab testing and meet certain criteria for PrEP usage. Moreover, the study seeks individuals with opioid use disorder (irrespective of baseline treatment)."
What is the main focus of this experiment?
"The main outcome the team will track over a one-month, three-month and six-month frame is the number of participants who commence PrEP. The secondary goals include assessing changes in adherence to PrEP by means of urine tests as well as tracking individuals engaging with opioid use disorder treatments. Additionally, researchers want to evaluate the complexity of substance use disorder therapies received (e.g., court mandated vs voluntary, residential vs outpatient)."
Is this study enrolling elderly participants who are 85 or older?
"This medical trial is specifically targeting patients aged 18 to 49 years old. Simultaneously, there are 147 trials for minors and 576 studies involving elderly individuals."
Are there any opportunities for patients to join this experiment now?
"As per the data posted to clinicaltrials.gov, this experiment is not actively employing participants at present. Initially listed on June 1st 2023 and recently amended on September 26th 2022; nevertheless, there are currently 771 other studies that are in need of volunteers."
Share this study with friends