Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Paired tVNS + ERP for OCD
This trial will research how combining tVNS and ERP can improve OCD treatment success. Therapists and patients will give feedback on how well it works.
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You must be between 18 and 50 years old to participate.You are currently using illegal drugs or misusing prescription medications.You can still participate in the study if you are taking medication for your OCD or other mental health conditions.It's okay if you have received ERP treatment in the past, as long as it has been at least 12 months since your last treatment.You have been diagnosed with OCD by a doctor and have a YBOCS score of 15 or higher, which means your OCD is at least moderately severe.You have been diagnosed with OCD by a healthcare professional and have moderate to severe symptoms, as measured by a specific score (YBOCS) on a test.You have significant neurological conditions, autism spectrum disorder, severe mental illness, major sensory impairments that cannot be corrected, or serious medical conditions that could affect your brain function.You have an eating disorder that is currently being treated, but if you are in remission (not currently experiencing symptoms), you can still participate.
- Group 1: Sham tVNS paired with 12 sessions of ERP
- Group 2: Active tVNS paired with 12 sessions of ERP
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are participants aged 40 or older eligible to join this research?
"This medical trial is searching for participants aged 18 to 50."
What demographics qualify to participate in this experiment?
"This medical trial is actively seeking 56 adults between the ages of 18 and 50, who have been diagnosed with OCD using DSM-5 criteria through a structured clinical interview. Additionally, all candidates must be willing to provide informed consent and have a Yale–Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (YBOCS) score greater than 15 - indicating moderate severity or higher."
What is the cap on the number of individuals taking part in this experiment?
"Affirmative. Information hosted on clinicaltrials.gov demonstrates that this medical trial, initially posted in June 27th 2022, is actively enrolling participants. 56 patients are needed at one location to complete the research study."
Is this research study still welcoming participants?
"Clinicaltrials.gov laid out that this medical study is recruiting participants, which was initially posted on June 27th 2022 and has been modified as recently as October 13th 2022."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
What site did they apply to?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
Share this study with friends