Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
PREVENT2 Trial Summary
This trial will compare the rate of infection and other complications after in-office transperineal MRI targeted prostate biopsy to the standard transrectal MRI targeted prostate biopsy.
PREVENT2 Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
PREVENT2 Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
PREVENT2 Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You currently have a bacterial infection that needs to be treated with antibiotics, but it is not related to the urinary system.
- Group 1: Transrectal
- Group 2: Transperineal
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many facilities are conducting this clinical research?
"Presently, 12 clinical sites are participating in this trial. These locations span from Elkins Park to Chicago with 10 other cities included as well. If you choose to join the study, it is beneficial to pick a clinic that is geographically close by so that travel time can be minimized."
How many participants have been enrolled to partake in this experiment?
"In order to execute this trial, precisely 1302 participants that meet the required qualifications must volunteer. There are many medical centres across America where individuals can take part in this study; two such examples include Einstein Healthcare Network located in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania and University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center situated in Cleveland, Ohio."
Are there vacancies for this research opportunity still available?
"According to findings on clinicaltrials.gov, this experiment is still seeking volunteers; it was initially launched on June 24th 2021 and most recently modified on August 30th 2022."
Share this study with friends