Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Cognitive-Behavioral Teletherapy for Anxiety in Autism Spectrum Disorder
This trial found that anxiety-focused, parent-led, therapist-assisted cognitive behavioral teletherapy helped ease anxiety symptoms in parents of children with ASD.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Specific Phobias
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- The child has a Full Scale and Verbal Comprehension Intelligence Quotient >70.You are seeking treatment primarily for anxiety and/or OCD.You are between the ages of 7-13 years at consent/assent.The child has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).The child is currently having strong thoughts of hurting themselves or others, or has been hurting themselves to the point where they need medical help.The child has significant anxiety and/or obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms.The child has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, psychotic disorder, or intellectual disability.The child is currently receiving therapy for anxiety.The child has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).The child has serious anxiety and/or obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms.Your main issue is anxiety or obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Group 1: Low-Intensity Therapist Assistance (LTA)
- Group 2: Standard Therapist Assistance (STA)
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this medical investigation still accept new participants?
"According to clinicaltrials.gov, this protocol is no longer enrolling participants; it was first posted on July 30th 2019 and last updated September 11th 2022. In the present moment, however, there are still 1,505 trials actively receiving patients."
Can participants aged fifty and above be incorporated into this clinical experiment?
"This trial is seeking out subjects aged between 7 and 13 years old."
Are there any specific qualifications that a person must possess to be enrolled in this research endeavor?
"This cognitive behavioural therapy trial is recruiting 190 children between the ages of seven and thirteen. Applicants must meet a number of criteria, including an IQ over 70 and meeting clinical significance for anxiety or OCD symptoms. Additionally, they must reside in Texasr OCD symptoms. Additionally, they must reside in Texas with one parent/guardian willing to participate throughout the study's duration."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How responsive is this trial?
Typically responds via
Share this study with friends