This trial looks at how common diabetes is in children who are either skinny with a family history of diabetes, or overweight/obese with or without a family history of diabetes.
- Type 2 Diabetes
1 Primary · 1 Secondary · Reporting Duration: Completed at baseline measurement
Awards & Highlights
0 Treatment Group
2000 Total Participants · 0 Treatment Group
Primary Treatment: Treatment · No Placebo Group · N/A
Who is running the clinical trial?
Age 7 - 21 · All Participants · 1 Total Inclusion CriteriaMark “Yes” if the following statements are true for you:
- Zabarsky, Gali, Cherise Beek, Emilia Hagman, Bridget Pierpont, Sonia Caprio, and Ram Weiss. 2018. “Impact of Severe Obesity on Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Youth”. The Journal of Pediatrics. Elsevier BV. doi:10.1016/j.jpeds.2017.09.066.
- Hershkop, Karen, Omri Besor, Nicola Santoro, Bridget Pierpont, Sonia Caprio, and Ram Weiss. 2016. “Adipose Insulin Resistance in Obese Adolescents Across the Spectrum of Glucose Tolerance”. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. The Endocrine Society. doi:10.1210/jc.2016-1376.
- Halloun, Rana, Alfonso Galderisi, Sonia Caprio, and Ram Weiss. 2022. “Lack of Evidence for a Causal Role of Hyperinsulinemia in the Progression of Obesity in Children and Adolescents: A Longitudinal Study”. Diabetes Care. American Diabetes Association. doi:10.2337/dc21-2210.
- Tricò D, McCollum S, Samuels S, Santoro N, Galderisi A, Groop L, Caprio S, Shabanova V. Mechanistic Insights Into the Heterogeneity of Glucose Response Classes in Youths With Obesity: A Latent Class Trajectory Approach. Diabetes Care. 2022 Aug 1;45(8):1841-1851. doi: 10.2337/dc22-0110.
- Trico D, McCollum S, Samuels S, Santoro N, Galderisi A, Groop L, Caprio S, Shabanova V. Mechanistic Insights Into the Heterogeneity of Glucose Response Classes in Youths With Obesity: A Latent Class Trajectory Approach. Diabetes Care. 2022 Aug 1;45(8):1841-1851. doi: 10.2337/dc22-0110.
- 1999. "Prevalence of Carbohydrate Intolerance in Lean and Overweight/Obese Children". ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01967849.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to be involved in this research investigation?
"To qualify for this trial, 2000 individuals aged 7 to 21 who are obese must be accepted." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Is participation in this medical trial open to individuals who are 45 years or older?
"As indicated by the requirements for this research, only participants aged between 7 and 21 can be enrolled in this trial." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Is there currently the opportunity to join this experiment?
"Yes, the listing on clinicaltrials.gov attests that this trial is actively recruiting patients. It was initially announced in September of 1999 and was most recently updated on 13th September 2022." - Anonymous Online Contributor
How many individuals are enrolled in this research endeavor?
"Affirmative, the information available on clinicaltrials.gov indicates that this experiment is actively recruiting participants. It was initially posted in September 1999 and underwent its last update on September 13th 2022. 2000 volunteers are required to be recruited from one medical centre." - Anonymous Online Contributor