Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
ALPHA Trial Summary
This trial looks at how well individuals with high trait anxiety can read emotions from faces, and if this changes after an intervention.
ALPHA Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
ALPHA Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
ALPHA Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You are currently taking psychiatric medication or have taken it in the past three months.You have a history of regularly using drugs or alcohol in the past three months, except for cannabis.Participants with high levels of anxiety, as measured by the STAI trait test score of 44 or higher, will not be included.You have a history of head injury or have lost consciousness in the past.You have a serious medical or neurological condition.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Group 1: 6 Month Micro Expression Training Task
- Group 2: 12 Month Micro Expression Training Task
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this research require participants to be younger than 35?
"Patients who are between 18 and 30 years of age need to be recruited for this medical trial."
Are there any current opportunities to join this clinical experiment?
"Affirmative, clinicaltrials.gov specifies that this research effort is currently recruiting. It was first announced on March 1st 2021 and the last update occurred on February 14th 2022. The study requires 30 participants from a single medical centre to participate."
Could I be a candidate for this medical experiment?
"This trial requires 30 individuals with anxiety between the youthful ages of 18-30. Necessary requirements include an STAI trait score of 44 or higher, as determined by a Spielberger State Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI)."
How many subjects are currently taking part in this clinical exploration?
"Affirmative. Clinicaltrials.gov documents that this clinical trial, which opened on March 1st 2021, is currently looking for volunteers. Thirty individuals need to be enrolled at one medical hub."
Share this study with friends