Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Growth Factors for Periodontal Defects
This trial is testing whether adding growth factor to bone graft helps treat periodontal disease better than using enamel matrix derivatives.
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Side effects dataFrom 2007 Phase 3 trial • 330 Patients • NCT00035815
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Participation is compensated
You will be compensated for participating in this trial.
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You smoke more than 10 cigarettes a day.You do not have any medical conditions that could interfere with the study.You have teeth in either the upper or lower jaw with one or more roots.
- Group 1: Enamel matrix derivatives (EMD) in combination with bone allograft.
- Group 2: recombinant human platelet derived growth factor (rh-PDGF) in combination with bone allograft
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are any new participants being welcomed into this experiment?
"The information held on clinicaltrials.gov indicates that this research venture is not currently enrolling participants, despite being posted in October of 2022 and most recently updated in September of the same year. Nevertheless, 9 other trials are still recruiting patients at present time."
Share this study with friends