This trial is testing a combination of drugs to treat patients with colorectal cancer that has spread and cannot be removed by surgery. The drugs work by blocking enzymes needed for cell growth and by helping the body's immune system attack the cancer.
- Metastatic Microsatellite Stable Colorectal Cancer
- Unresectable Colon Cancer
- Progressive Disease
- Colon Cancer
- BRAF V600E Mutation
- Metastatic Rectal Cancer
- Stage IIIB Colorectal Cancer
- Stage IVC Colorectal Cancer
- Stage IVA Colorectal Cancer
- Stage IVB Colorectal Cancer
- Stage IIIA Colorectal Cancer
- Unresectable Rectal Cancer
- Stage IV Colorectal Cancer
- Stage III Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
2 Primary · 4 Secondary · Reporting Duration: Up to 5 years
Awards & Highlights
1 Treatment Group
Treatment (encorafenib, cetuximab, nivolumab)
1 of 1
38 Total Participants · 1 Treatment Group
Primary Treatment: Cetuximab · No Placebo Group · Phase 1 & 2
Who is running the clinical trial?
Age 18+ · All Participants · 0 Total Inclusion CriteriaMark “Yes” if the following statements are true for you:
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
What site did they apply to?
|M D Anderson Cancer Center||100.0%|
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
- "I saw this trial and was interested in it. I have Stage 4 Colon Cancer that metastasized to my liver where I had 7 lesions but after 6 months of chemotherapy I am down to 3 lesions in my liver. However, the chemotherapy is wearing me down. I hurt all over, most the time I just want to sleep all day because I am so tired. I am still working a full time job but financially, physically and mentally I can not do another 6 months of the 5FU chemotherapy. I am just looking into this trial to see if it would get rid of my last 3 lesions faster without as many side affects. My CEA level is currently at 3.5 and it started at 57."
What questions have other patients asked about this trial?
- "If I am able to do the trial will you provide a place to stay while I am in Texas?"
How many prior treatments have patients received?
Frequently Asked Questions
What past examinations have been conducted centering on Cetuximab?
"Presently, 851 trials are running on Cetuximab with 112 of them in the latter Phase 3. While most of these studies have been based out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania there is an expansive network encompassing over 46,000 sites testing this medication." - Anonymous Online Contributor
To what extent is this experiment involving human test subjects?
"Correct. Data hosted on clinicaltrials.gov indicates that this medical investigation, which was initially posted on June 14th 2019, is still actively looking for enrollees. About 38 patients need to be enlisted from a single site." - Anonymous Online Contributor
Are there any open slots available for the research trial?
"As per clinicaltrials.gov, this particular medical trial is seeking new members to join their research team and is currently open for recruitment. This experiment was first posted on June 14th 2019 with the most recent modifications occurring August 31st 2022." - Anonymous Online Contributor
To what ailments are practitioners most often prescribing Cetuximab?
"Cetuximab can be deployed to treat unresectable melanoma, squamous cell carcinomas, and those at an elevated risk of relapse." - Anonymous Online Contributor