Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial is testing a new drug for safety, how it is processed by the body, and how it affects people with ALS.
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have had cancer in the past 5 years.You have a history of important neurological disorders other than ALS.You have been diagnosed with sporadic or familial ALS.You have had symptoms of ALS for less than 4 years.Your lung function is better than half of what is expected for someone of your age, height, and gender.You have a history of serious health problems that are not well controlled.
- Group 1: DNL343 (Low Dose)
- Group 2: DNL343 (High Dose)
- Group 3: Placebo
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many healthcare centers are administering this research protocol?
"This medical trial is being conducted out of several geographic locations including the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, CA; HonorHealth in Scottsdale, AZ.; and the University of California at San Diego in San Diego, FL., with an additional 5 sites."
Does this research venture accept volunteers aged sixty and over?
"The age range for this trial is between 18 and 80. Patients younger than the minimum age requirement can look into 44 additional studies, while those above 65 years old have 394 options to consider."
What cohorts of people are eligible to participate in this research?
"This study is hoping to find 30 ameliorative candidates aged between 18 and 80 who are suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The following further requirements must be met: Participants must be able to ingest the medication, female participants have either undergone sterilization or entered menopause, while male subjects in conjunction with their partners of reproductive age need to use reliable contraception methods."
What risks are posed by the use of DNL343 for patient treatments?
"As the initial phase of clinical testing, there is limited evidence regarding DNL343's safety and efficacy. Therefore, we have rated it a 1 on our scale."
Is it currently possible for individuals to enrol in this experiment?
"This research endeavor, which was initially published on August 11th 2021, is actively searching for participants according to clinicaltrials.gov's records and the latest update occurred on June 6th 2022."
How many participants can join the study at its peak?
"Affirmative. The information on clinicaltrials.gov confirms that this medical study, which was initially posted in August 11th 2021, is actively recruiting participants across 5 sites for a total of 30 patients."
Share this study with friends