Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial is testing if smartphone apps can help people quit smoking.
- Tobacco Use Disorder
- Everyday Smoker
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have an iPhone or iPad with iOS 9.0 or later and use at least one iOS app regularly (at least once a week).You have smoked cigarettes for at least one year.You smoke cigarettes or e-cigarettes every day.You are ready to choose a date to stop smoking within the next 30 days.You are not receiving any other smoking cessation treatment except for the MDACC Tobacco Treatment Program.You are experiencing or have experienced symptoms of depression, such as feeling sad or hopeless, in the recent past.
- Group 1: Group I (KickAsh smartphone mobile application)
- Group 2: Group II (Breathe2Relax smartphone mobile application)
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the ideal candidates for this clinical research study?
"This clinical trial is enrolling 24 patients diagnosed with depression, aged between 18 and 65. Criteria for enrolment include: being an MD Anderson patient, smoking at least one cigarette or e-cigarette per day in the past year, willingness to set a quit date within 30 days, no prior engagement in cessation treatment other than MDACC Tobacco Treatment Program; current/past elevated depressive symptoms (PHQ 2 = or > 1); English fluency; ownership of iOS device running version 9.0+ and regular app usage on it."
Is the current research endeavor accepting participants who are over 30 years of age?
"To participate in this medical experiment, patients must be aged between 18 and 65 years."
Is enrollment currently open for this experimental research?
"As per clinicaltrials.gov, this research is no longer seeking candidates since it has completed recruitment; the trial was initially posted on April 25th 2018 and a final update was published on September 22nd 2022. Nevertheless, there are 1244 other studies currently accepting volunteers across the country."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
Share this study with friends