Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Healthy Dads Healthy Kids for Childhood Obesity(HDHK Trial)
HDHK Trial Summary
This trial assesses a culturally adapted 'Healthy Dads Healthy Kids' program for Hispanic families to see if it is effective in preventing obesity-related medical conditions.
- Childhood Obesity
- Physical Activity
- Dietary Intake
HDHK Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
HDHK Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
HDHK Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- Your body mass index (BMI) is below 25 or above 40.You have experienced heart inflammation (myocarditis) as a result of either a COVID infection or a COVID vaccine in the past.You have a condition that makes it difficult for you to participate in group classroom activities, such as cognitive impairment or psychiatric disorders.Your body mass index (BMI) is between 25 and 40.You are taking medication that can cause weight changes or may be impacted by weight loss.You have a health condition that makes it difficult for you to participate in physical activities or exercise, like a physical disability or severe asthma.
- Group 1: Healthy Dads Healthy Kids
- Group 2: Standard of care control
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the trial accept seniors of seventy years or older as participants?
"According to the entry criteria of this clinical trial, participants must be aged 5-65 years old. There are 274 studies available for those under 18 and 673 studies catered to individuals over 65 respectively."
Are there any open openings for participation in this experiment?
"As per the information presented on clinicaltrials.gov, this investigation is at present recruiting participants. It was first advertised on April 28th 2022 and last updated on October 24th of the same year."
How many participants are being recruited for this research study?
"Indeed, the information on clinicaltrials.gov suggests that this research endeavor is actively enrolling patients. This particular study was initially posted on April 28th 2022 and has been amended as recently as October 24th of the same year. A total of 332 participants are to be recruited from a single medical centre."
Who is eligible to participate in this research project?
"This study seeks 332 individuals between 5 and 65 years of age with dietary practices. To be eligible, patients must fulfil the following criteria: FATHER (or significant male role model), 18-65 year old residing in Greater Houston Area, Hispanic or Latino descent capable of reading/writing Spanish or English, Body Mass Index from 25 to 40 BMI units, Passing a 2015 American College of Sports Medicine's health screening exam; CHILD aged 5 to 11 plus up to three siblings whose father is taking part in this trial; MOTHER (if applicable) - Significant female like biological mother/grandmother/aunt etc., or other co-parenting"
Share this study with friends