Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial will study whether melatonin can help improve Alzheimer's disease symptoms and cognitive function.
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Healthy Aging
- Cognitive Decline
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Side effects dataFrom 2017 Phase 3 trial • 709 Patients • NCT00668707
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have a clinical dementia rating (CDR) Sum of boxes <1.You are willing to undergo two lumbar punctures at the same time and in the same place.You are able and willing to stop using any prescription or non-prescription sleep aids (e.g.(e.g.
- Group 1: MCI+ placebo
- Group 2: MCI+ Melatonin 5mg
- Group 3: MCI- Melatonin 5mg
- Group 4: MCI- placebo
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current count of participants for this clinical investigation?
"Affirmative, the clinicaltrial.gov page indicates that this medical experiment is presently searching for participants. It was initialised on November 12th 2019 and most recently updated on February 10th 2022. The research seeks 230 individuals from a single location to partake in it."
Is enrollment limited to individuals over 24 years old for this clinical trial?
"This research trial has outlined that all participants must be aged between 56 and 85. There are 25 trials dedicated to minors, whereas 576 studies focus on those beyond the age of retirement."
Is this medical experiment currently in the process of enlisting participants?
"According to clinicaltrials.gov, the process of enrolling candidates is underway for this medical trial that was first publicised on November 12th 2019 and recently modified February 10th 2022."
To whom is this research opportunity available?
"To be enrolled in this trial, geriatric patients aged 56 to 85 must demonstrate healthy ageing processes. The team hopes to recruit a total of 230 individuals for the study."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
Share this study with friends