Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial aims to develop an app to help with weight loss for obese adolescents, based on displacement theory to help with addictive behaviors.
- Weight Loss
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You haven't been trying to lose weight for more than 6 months through dieting or exercise.You are taking medication that alters your weight.You have been diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome, brain tumor, hypothalamic obesity, or any other condition related to obesity.You are currently participating in another weight loss program.Participants must be between 14 and 18 years old.You have answered questions on a survey and scored 17 or higher in the section about your goals and attitudes towards a weight management program.You have a mental health or developmental condition that requires immediate or ongoing treatment that may affect your ability to participate in the study.You are between the ages of 14 and 18.You have been trying to lose or control your weight through diet and exercise for at least 6 months.You have been trying to lose weight or stay at a healthy weight for more than 6 months by eating a healthy diet and exercising.You have tried to lose weight by dieting or exercising, but you have only been doing it for less than 6 months.
- Group 1: BrainWeighve Intervention
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to become a subject of this research endeavor?
"This medical study is accepting 46 minors between the ages of 14 and 18 who have experienced weight loss. Moreover, applicants must possess an iPhone or be willing to use one provided by the institution; demonstrate proficiency in English; display motivation for changing their habits through a five-item questionnaire; score 17 or higher on the Weight Management Program Diet Readiness Questionnaire's Goals and Attitudes section; and boast a body mass index (BMI) that exceeds the 95th percentile for age/gender."
Does this research require participants to be of a certain age?
"According to the rules of this trial, candidates must be aged between 14 and 18 in order to qualify for enrollment."
What are the major goals of this investigation?
"The primary outcome that will be assessed in the span of 4 months is Users' Engagement with App. Additionally, investigators are looking into secondary outcomes such as Perceived Stress Scale (PSS), Mental Health Inventory (MHI) and Yale Food Addiction Scale (YFAS-c). The PSS measures individuals' perception of their ability to cope with stressors on a 10-item scale; MHI asks users how they feel about their personal life over the past month using one item from RAND's inventory; YFAS-c utilizes DSM V diagnostic criteria to quantify addictive behavior related to food consumption. All three metrics have demonstrated strong"
Is this research endeavor currently enrolling participants?
"Unfortunately, this medical trial is not accepting participants at the present moment. It was initially posted on January 1st 2023 and last updated September 1st 2022; yet there are still 310 other studies actively recruiting patients."
Share this study with friends