Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
PRECIDENTD Trial Summary
This trial is designed to compare rates of the total number of cardiovascular, kidney, and death events among three alternative treatments for patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D) and either established atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) or at high risk for ASCVD.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Disease
PRECIDENTD Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
PRECIDENTD Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
PRECIDENTD Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes by a doctor.You have had pancreatitis in the past.You have a past occurrence of diabetic ketoacidosis, a serious complication of diabetes.You have a type of diabetes that is not caused by typical reasons, such as genetics or certain medical conditions.You have an open sore on your foot caused by diabetes.
- Group 1: Combination SGLT2i and GLP-1 RA
- Group 2: Sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitor (SGLT2i)
- Group 3: Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist (GLP-1 RA)
- Pivotal Trial - The final step before approval, pivotal trials feature drugs that have already shown basic safety & efficacy.
- Drug Has Already Been Approved - The FDA has already approved this drug, and is just seeking more data.
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Has the FDA sanctioned Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist (GLP-1 RA)?
"With GLP-1 RA being a Phase 4 trial, meaning it has already been approved for use, our evaluation team has deemed its safety level to be 3."
Are the researchers currently seeking participants for this investigation?
"The latest figures on clinicaltrials.gov suggest that this investigation is actively recruiting volunteers, with the trial first being posted on September 1st 2022 and most recently edited in late September of the same year."
How many participants are being recruited for this medical experiment?
"Affirmative. Clinicaltrials.gov corroborates that this investigation, which was first listed on September 1st 2022, is actively seeking participants. Approximately 9000 individuals must be enrolled from 2 distinct medical sites."
Does this research endeavor extend to the elderly population?
"According to the parameters of this research endeavour, participants must be between 40 and 80 years old."
Which individuals meet the eligibility criteria to partake in this experiment?
"This medical trial seeks 9000 individuals aged 40 to 80 years old with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD). Patients must meet the following conditions: HbA1c ≥6.5% if on no medication or >6% if taking glucose-lowering medications; Type 2 diabetesc cardiovascular disease (ASCVD). Patients must meet the following conditions: HbA1c ≥6.5% if on no medication or >6% if taking glucose-lowering medications; Type 2 diabetes based off clinical diagnosis; Secondary prevention cohort (at least 70%) age 40 to 80 and evidence of established ASCVD history, Primary prevention cohort (max 30%) age 60-80 plus at least 1 additional high risk feature like smoking combustible tobacco/marijuana, HbA1c≥8%, Stage 3a CKD eG"
Share this study with friends