This trial will compare 3 different anesthetic protocols for oral pain control in patients undergoing buccal urethroplasty.
- Urethral Stricture (Male)
1 Primary · 1 Secondary · Reporting Duration: Postoperative Day 1, 5, 10
Awards & Highlights
3 Treatment Groups
Group 1: Standard of care
1 of 3
Group 2: Standard of care + Long acting local
1 of 3
Group 3: Standard of care + Buccal block
1 of 3
60 Total Participants · 3 Treatment Groups
Primary Treatment: Basic buccal procedure + Buccal block · No Placebo Group · Phase 3
Who is running the clinical trial?
Age 18+ · Male Participants · 3 Total Inclusion CriteriaMark “Yes” if the following statements are true for you:
- Rourke, Keith, Shari McKinny, and Blair St. Martin. 2012. “Effect of Wound Closure on Buccal Mucosal Graft Harvest Site Morbidity: Results of a Randomized Prospective Trial”. Urology. Elsevier BV. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2011.08.073.
- Lumen, N., W. Oosterlinck, and P. Hoebeke. 2012. “Urethral Reconstruction Using Buccal Mucosa or Penile Skin Grafts: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis”. Urologia Internationalis. S. Karger AG. doi:10.1159/000341138.
- Jonnavithula, Nirmala, Deepak Bachu, Vidyasagar Sriramoju, Rahul Devraj, Ramachandraiah Gunta, and MurthyV. L. N Pisapati. 2019. “Effect of Infraorbital Nerve Block on Postoperative Pain and 30-day Morbidity at the Donor Site in Buccal Mucosal Graft Urethroplasty”. Journal of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology. Medknow. doi:10.4103/joacp.joacp_211_17.
- Lumen N, Oosterlinck W, Hoebeke P. Urethral reconstruction using buccal mucosa or penile skin grafts: systematic review and meta-analysis. Urol Int. 2012;89(4):387-94. doi: 10.1159/000341138. Epub 2012 Aug 9.
- 2022. "Peri-operative Oral Pain Control Following Buccal Graft Urethroplasty". ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05300685.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are participants being recruited for this experiment at this time?
"The latest information from clinicaltrials.gov suggests that this trial is still recruiting patients. The original posting was on February 15th, 2022 with the most recent edit taking place on March 24th of the same year." - Anonymous Online Contributor
How many people are chosen to participate in this clinical trial?
"Yes, this information is accurate. The trial was first posted on February 15th, 2022 and is currently looking for 60 more patients from a single location." - Anonymous Online Contributor
What is the long-term prognosis for patients who undergo Basic buccal procedure + Buccal block?
"This medical procedure, which is a Phase 3 trial, has been given a safety rating of 3. This is due to the both efficacy data and supporting safety data that has been gathered in previous studies." - Anonymous Online Contributor