Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Chemotherapy + Immunotherapy for Peritoneal Mesothelioma
This trial is testing immunotherapy (atezolizumab) in addition to the usual treatment of surgery or chemotherapy in patients with peritoneal mesothelioma.
- Malignant Mesothelioma
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have a mental illness that would make it difficult for you to understand and agree to participate in the study.You have another type of cancer that is currently active, except for non-melanoma skin cancers or cervical carcinoma in situ. If you have completed treatment and have been cancer-free for at least 3 years, you are eligible to participate.
- Group 1: Arm II (carboplatin, pemetrexed, bevacizumab)
- Group 2: Arm I (carboplatin, pemetrexed, bevacizumab, atezolizumab)
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What adverse reactions have been associated with Pemetrexed?
"The safety profile of pemetrexed is estimated to be at a 2 due to the results from Phase 2 trials, which demonstrated some security but no proof that it was effective."
Is this investigation of medical treatments open to volunteers?
"This medical trial is currently enrolling participants, as seen on clinicaltrials.gov. It was originally posted October 15th 2021 and the details were most recently updated August 24th 2022."
What is the maximum capacity for participants within this research?
"To execute this clinical trial, 66 participants who fulfill the necessary requirements need to be enrolled. These individuals have the option of two medical centres - Sanford USD Medical Center in Sioux Falls or Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina - from which they can receive treatment."
What maladies has the drug Pemetrexed been proven to mitigate?
"Pemetrexed is the go-to treatment for advanced endometrial cancer, but it has also been proven effective at managing melanoma, recurrent platinum-sensitive epithelial ovarian cancerg melanoma, recurrent platinum-sensitive epithelial ovarian cancer, and metastatic ureter urothelial carcinoma."
Are there any precedent investigations utilizing Pemetrexed?
"In 2002, Pemetrexed was first investigated at H Central de Asturias. Since then, 1977 trials have been concluded and 1284 remain ongoing - with a significant concentration of them occurring in Sioux Falls, South Dakota."
Share this study with friends