Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial is testing a new treatment for AMD to see if it can slow the rate of growth of GA.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- The person taking the photograph must have clear vision and the pupil of their eye must be dilated enough to take a clear picture of the fundus.You have been taking steroids for a long time, either through skin application or injection into the eye.You have had an infection within the last 14 days and have not fully recovered from it.Females must not be pregnant or lactating, and must have had a surgical procedure to make them sterile or have gone through menopause.You have a medical condition, other than AMD, that could impact your vision or safety during the trial.You have previously been treated with an experimental medication, biological product, or medical device.There may be additional requirements for inclusion or exclusion from the study that are not listed here but will be specified in the study protocol.The person had a BCVA letter score of 35 letters or better on the ETDRS chart.
- Group 1: IONIS-FB-LRx
- Group 2: Placebo
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many healthcare facilities are actively administering this trial?
"64 medical institutions, such as VCH/UBC Eye Care Center in Vancouver, Cumberland Valley Retina Consultants in Hagerstown and USF Eye Institute in Tampa are all conducting this trial."
Are there still open slots for participants in this research endeavor?
"Affirmative. Clinicaltrials.gov confirms that this clinical trial, initially posted on March 4th 2019, is actively recruiting 330 patients from 64 sites across the world."
What is the projected enrollment rate for this research trial?
"This clinical trial necessitates 330 suitable patients to participate. Prospective participants can sign up at the VCH/UBC Eye Care Center in Vancouver, British Columbia or Cumberland Valley Retina Consultants in Hagerstown, Maryland."
Has the IONIS-FB-LRx drug been sanctioned by the FDA?
"There is limited evidence of IONIS-FB-LRx's safety, hence it was awarded a score of 2."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
What site did they apply to?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
What questions have other patients asked about this trial?
How responsive is this trial?
Typically responds via
Most responsive sites:
- IONIS Investigative Site: < 48 hours
Average response time
- < 2 Days
Share this study with friends