Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Psilocybin for Methamphetamine Addiction
This trial is testing whether psilocybin can help with meth addiction and will last 26 weeks.
- Methamphetamine Addiction
- Substance Use Disorders
- Chemically-Induced Disorders
- Substance Use Disorder
- Stimulant Use Disorder
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Side effects dataFrom 2021 Phase 2 trial • 95 Patients • NCT02061293
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have used methamphetamine in the past month.You have a past of heart transplant or stroke.You are currently taking medications that may interfere with the psilocybin treatment and cannot or do not want to stop taking them.You are currently experiencing heart problems like chest pain or heart attack.
- Group 1: Oral Psilocybin
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the enrollment phase of this research endeavor still open?
"Reports on clinicaltrials.gov indicate that this specific trial, which had its first post date of December 1st 2022 and final edit as November 8th 202 is no longer enrolling patients. However, there are 1190 other trials in search for participants at the present moment."
Who meets the requirements for inclusion in this experiment?
"To be eligible for this medical trial, individuals must have a documented history of substance abuse and fall within the required age-range (25 to 65). The research team is seeking approximately 12 participants."
How reliable is Psilocybin in protecting people from harm?
"The safety of Psilocybin is rated 1 on a scale from 1 to 3 due to the fact that this is only in its first phase of testing with limited data available for efficacy and safety."
Is the minimum age requirement for this research 18 years or older?
"The criteria for this medical trial mandates that applicants be between 25 and 65 years of age. For those under 18 or over 65, there are 314 studies and 797 studies respectively catered towards them."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
What questions have other patients asked about this trial?
How responsive is this trial?
Typically responds via
Most responsive sites:
- University of Wisconsin: < 24 hours
Average response time
- < 1 Day
Share this study with friends