Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
RC2S+ for Schizophrenia(RC2S Trial)
RC2S Trial Summary
This trial will investigate whether a cognitive remediation program can be administered remotely to people with schizophrenia and related disorders.
- Cognitive Impairment
RC2S Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
RC2S Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
RC2S Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You are being followed and treated by a clinician of the Douglas Mental Health University Hospital.You have difficulty understanding emotions, social situations, and people's intentions, as shown by specific tests. This is important because we will be working to improve your social cognition skills during the trial.You are considered to be symptomatically stable and capable of using the online platforms, as judged by their primary clinicians (i.You have been diagnosed with schizophrenia or a similar mental disorder according to DSM-5.You have access to digital technology, Internet and access to a private space (a room where the participant can be alone).You have a medical condition or history of brain injury that can cause problems with thinking and memory.You have a history of intellectual disability or autism spectrum disorder.You have been diagnosed with schizophrenia or a similar disorder by a mental health professional.
- Group 1: Intervention
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this investigation currently recruiting participants?
"Clinicaltrials.gov indicates that this clinical trial is actively looking for volunteers, with the research campaign first being posted on June 1st 2022 and most recently revised on October 21st 2022."
What do researchers hope to learn by conducting this trial?
"The principal aim of this trial is to assess the effectiveness of Penn Emotion Recognition Task (ER-40) over a predetermined period. In addition, Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9), Davos Assessment of Cognitive Biases Scale (DACOBS), and Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS-6) will be used as secondary measures for evaluation; each requiring approximately 5 minutes in administration. PHQ-9 evaluates major depression criteria, DACOBS gauges cognitive biases via Likert scale responses from 1 - 7, while PANSS-6 examines schizophrenic symptoms such as delusions, hallucinations, flat"
How many individuals are engaged in this clinical research?
"Affirmative. Clinicaltrials.gov supports the assertion that this clinical trial is actively recruiting participants, beginning on January 6th 2022 and with its most recent update occurring on October 21st of the same year. The study seeks to recruit 26 individuals from a single medical centre."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
Share this study with friends