Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Electro-Acupuncture (EA) Procedure for Pain Management(PEACE Trial)
PEACE Trial Summary
This trial is studying two types of acupuncture compared to usual care on treating chronic pain.
- Pain Management
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Chronic Pain
PEACE Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
PEACE Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
PEACE Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- Age >/= 18 years or older.You have been experiencing pain for 3 months or more, and have had pain on at least 15 days within the past 30 days.You have a type of arthritis called inflammatory arthritis, like rheumatoid arthritis, that requires medication to manage it.You experience moderate to severe pain (rating of 4 or higher on a scale of 1-10) in the past week. If your pain is related to nerve damage in your arms, legs, or back, you may still be eligible.You have had cancer that has spread to other parts of your body in the past, and it is not currently gone.If your only pain is from headaches, facial pain, chest pain or abdominal pain, you cannot participate. However, if you have a musculoskeletal condition and these pains are present as well, you may still be eligible.You experience pain in a limb that is no longer there.You have been diagnosed with cancer, but you cannot have cancer that has spread to other parts of your body. The diagnosis does not have to be confirmed by a specific medical center.You have been experiencing pain in the past week that rates a 4 or higher on a scale of 1-10, except if your pain is caused by nerve damage in your arms, legs, or back.You experience pain in your muscles or bones, including your joints, limbs, back, or neck, or have conditions like fibromyalgia or chronic pain that cause widespread discomfort.You have a medical device in your body that uses electricity.You have been diagnosed with cancer, except if it has spread to other parts of your body. It doesn't matter which type of cancer you have. The diagnosis doesn't have to be confirmed by a specific medical center.You have experienced pain for at least 3 months, and have had pain on at least 15 days in the last 30 days.You experience pain in your muscles or bones, including your joints, limbs, back, or neck. This also includes more widespread pain syndromes like fibromyalgia.
- Group 1: Electro-Acupuncture (EA) Procedure
- Group 2: Battle Field Acupuncture (BFA) Procedure
- Group 3: Wait List Control (WLC) Usual Care Procedure
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the venues in which this clinical trial is being conducted?
"Presently, this clinical trial is running in 7 different medical centers such as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New Yorkg Cancer Center in New York, Memorial Sloan Kettering Bergen in Montvale, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Monmouth in Middletown. Additionally, there are several other locales that are involved with the study."
Is this medical research recruiting participants?
"As indicated on clinicaltrials.gov, this particular medical study is not currently recruiting patients. The project was first announced in November 2016 and the listing was last amended in December 2022; however, there are other 555 studies that presently need volunteers."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
Share this study with friends