Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Sacubitril-Valsartan + Valsartan for Prediabetes, Diabetes, Obesity, and High Blood Pressure
This trial is testing whether two drugs, valsartan and sacubitril, can improve blood sugar and insulin secretion better than valsartan alone in African Americans with impaired glucose tolerance.
- High Blood Pressure
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You are taking pills to lower your blood sugar.You have lost more than 5% of your body weight in the past 6 months.You have had a severe allergic reaction in the past or are known to be allergic to the study drugs.You have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes according to the guidelines set by the American Diabetes Association.You are taking medications like statins, beta-blockers, or certain blood pressure medications.You are currently taking steroids.You have severe mental health conditions like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression, or other related disorders.
- Group 1: Valsartan
- Group 2: Sacubitril/Valsartan
- Group 3: Placebo
- Drug Has Already Been Approved - The FDA has already approved this drug, and is just seeking more data.
- Pivotal Trial - The final step before approval, pivotal trials feature drugs that have already shown basic safety & efficacy.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Could you please elaborate on other research conducted regarding Sacubitril-Valsartan Tab 97-103 MG?
"At present, there are 37 active clinical trials investigating the potential of Sacubitril-Valsartan Tab 97-103 MG with 8 in Phase 3. Montreal, Quebec is home to a majority of these studies but they can also be found at numerous other medical centres across North America (826 sites)."
Has the Federal Drug Administration given sanction to Sacubitril-Valsartan Tab 97-103 MG?
"The safety of Sacubitril-Valsartan Tab 97-103 MG is rated at a 3 due to the completion of Phase 4 trials and its official approval."
What medical conditions is Sacubitril-Valsartan Tab 97-103 MG most commonly employed to address?
"Sacubitril-Valsartan Tab 97-103 MG is regularly prescribed for the treatment of left ventricular dysfunction. Beyond this, it can be useful in addressing essential hypertension that hasn't responded to monotherapy and preventing cardiovascularl hypertension that hasn't responded to monotherapy and preventing cardiovascular incident."
What is the maximum capacity of participants for this clinical investigation?
"Affirmative. According to the info on clinicaltrials.gov, this medical trial is currently open for recruitment and was initially posted on February 25th 2020. It's looking to enroll 90 patients from a single site with its last update occurring in July 2021."
Who is eligible to take part in this research project?
"To qualify for this experiment, potential participants must display signs of impaired glucose tolerance and be between 18-65 years old. Presently, the study is aiming to recruit around 90 individuals."
Is this research endeavor welcoming individuals over the age of 35?
"This clinical research is open to participants aged between 18 and 65. Separately, there are 216 trials available for minors and 853 studies suitable for patients above the age of majority."
Is it still possible to enrol in this medical experiment?
"Affirmative. According to the data on clinicaltrials.gov, this experiment is currently seeking participants; it was first announced on February 25th 2020 and last revised in July 21st 2022. The research requires 90 people across a single medical institution."
Share this study with friends