Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
REDEFINE 2 Trial Summary
This trial will study a new medicine to help people with type 2 diabetes and excess body weight to lose weight. Participants will be chosen at random to receive the medicine or a dummy. Women cannot take part if pregnant or planning to be.
- Type 2 Diabetes
REDEFINE 2 Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
REDEFINE 2 Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
REDEFINE 2 Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- Both males and females are eligible.You have a body mass index (BMI) of 27 or higher.Both males and females can participate.You have a body mass index (BMI) of 27 or higher.
- Group 1: CagriSema
- Group 2: Placebo
- Pivotal Trial - The final step before approval, pivotal trials feature drugs that have already shown basic safety & efficacy.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can new participants still join this research study?
"The clinicaltrial.gov website indicates that this study is no longer looking for patients. Although the last update to the posting was on November 9th, 2022, it looks like the trial originally started on February 1st, 2023. There are 2,573 other trials currently recruiting if you're interested in participating in medical research."
Are there long-term repercussions to using CagriSema?
"There is some evidence from earlier trials that suggests CagriSema's efficacy and it has undergone multiple rounds of testing for safety, so our team at Power rates its safety a 3."
How many sites are running this clinical trial?
"To participate in this trial, patients must visit one of the 50 clinical sites. A few locations include Etobicoke, Fullerton and Minneapolis. It is advised that potential enrollees choose the location closest to them to avoid extra travel costs."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
What site did they apply to?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
What questions have other patients asked about this trial?
How responsive is this trial?
Most responsive sites:
- Novo Nordisk Investigational Site: < 24 hours
Average response time
- < 2 Days
Typically responds via
Share this study with friends