Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial compares perioperative chemotherapy (given before and after surgery) versus adjuvant chemotherapy (given after surgery) for the treatment of pancreatic cancer that can be removed by surgery.
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Carcinoma
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Side effects dataFrom 2016 Phase 2 trial • 60 Patients • NCT00096226
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- Group 1: Arm I (perioperative chemotherapy, surgery)
- Group 2: Arm II (surgery, adjuvant chemotherapy)
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Pivotal Trial - The final step before approval, pivotal trials feature drugs that have already shown basic safety & efficacy.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do other researchers say about the benefits of Resection?
"At the moment, there are 677 ongoing clinical trials studying Resection. Out of these, 207 studies have progressed to Phase 3. The majority of these trials originate in Guangzhou, Guangdong; however, there are a total of 28743 locations running clinical trials for Resection."
How many total people are enrolled in this research project?
"In order to properly run this trial, 352 individuals who match the pre-specified inclusion criteria are needed. These people can be recruited from various locations, such as Memorial Sloan Kettering Nassau in Uniondale, New York and Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo, North Dakota, New York and Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo, North Dakota."
How many different medical clinics are conducting this study?
"This clinical trial has 34 recruiting sites, including Memorial Sloan Kettering Nassau in Uniondale, Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo, and Wayne State University/Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit."
Are there any available positions for volunteers in this research project?
"Yes, the trial is ongoing and has 352 patients as its goal. The listing on clinicaltrials.gov says that the study was first posted on 7/1/2020, with the most recent update being 8/1/2022. There are 34 locations recruiting patients for this study."
What are some of the risks associated with Resection?
"Resection is considered safe by our team, who gave it a score of 3. This is due to Phase 3 trials, where there is some data affirming the efficacy of Resection as well as multiple rounds of data supporting its safety."
Who else is applying?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
Share this study with friends