Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Surgery + Chemotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
This trial is testing surgery with or without heated and unheated chemotherapy for ovarian, fallopian tube, uterine, or peritoneal cancer.
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Uterine Corpus Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Peritoneal Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Peritoneal Carcinoma
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You don't currently have an infection that needs treatment with antibiotics.You are experiencing serious health problems like worsening ascites, malignant bowel obstruction, and severe hypoalbuminemia that are causing your condition to worsen.You have heart or lung problems that prevent you from having certain types of surgery.You are pregnant, nursing, or could become pregnant but do not want to undergo surgery to remove your uterus or ovaries.Your surgery did not completely remove the targeted area.The study is measuring changes in the amount of fluid in your abdomen.You have another type of cancer, except for non-melanoma skin cancer and breast cancer that has been treated and is currently not causing any symptoms for at least one year.
- Group 1: Treatment (surgery, HIPEC cisplatin)
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Cisplatin being evaluated in any other clinical experiments?
"Cisplatin was initially investigated in Spectrum Health Hospital - Butterworth Campus during 1997. As of now, there are 3903 finished studies and 1961 on-going clinical trials, the majority of which are based out of Corona, California."
Does this trial use innovative techniques?
"At this time, there are 1961 active Cisplatin trials occurring in 89 countries and 4076 cities. The first such study was sponsored by Alfacell back in 1997; it had 300 participants and concluded its Phase 3 medicinal tests with success. Subsequent to that initial trial, 3903 other research projects have been performed."
How many individuals are taking part in this clinical experiment?
"As the trial was last modified on June 14th 2022, this research is no longer accepting applicants. However, there are currently 3687 studies for stage iiic uterine corpus cancer ajcc v7 and 1961 trials for Cisplatin that require volunteers."
At which hospitals is this clinical investigation being conducted?
"Currently, the trial is being conducted at 4 separate sites: Corona, Upland, Duarte and four other locales. To reduce travel time commitments it is advisable to choose the most proximal location if participating in this study."
Has the FDA sanctioned Cisplatin for therapeutic use?
"The safety of cisplatin was assigned a score of 1 on the scale, reflecting its status as being in Phase 1 and having limited data to demonstrate efficacy or safety."
Are there any opportunities available to participate in this research?
"According to the available public data hosted on clinicaltrials.gov, this medical trial is not recruiting participants at this current moment in time. The first post was made on May 19th 2014 and last updated June 14 2022; yet there are still 5648 other studies actively searching for individuals who wish to contribute to furthering research efforts."
Share this study with friends