The Child and Youth Mental Health Clinician is responsible for providing Children's Mental Health services including assessment, consultation, and intervention. Primary responsibilities involve individual and family assessments as well as individual, family and group treatment.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Provide Children's Mental Health services including: assessment, consultation, and intervention in accordance with prescribed agency, ministry and legal standards.
- Provide consultation to and work with other staff, agencies and professionals in the provision of services to children and families.
- Must be able to work in a team setting and independently.
- Provide and promote preventative children's mental health programs in the Community.
- Must be able to meet the demands of a heavy case load while meeting reporting deadlines with accuracy and professionalism.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, agency policies and procedures.
- Minimum B.S.W. Degree with two to three years experience in Children's Mental Health
- Be a member in good standing or able to immediately become a member of a College recognized by the Psychotherapy Act, as authorized to practise the protected act of psychotherapy.
- Applicants with similar academic qualifications and related experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid Class G Ontario Driver's Licence and have access to a reliable vehicle with OPCF6A Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1000 000.00 Liability
- Clear criminal reference check, Clear Vulnerable Sector check, Clear Internal Records Check and a Clear Driver's Abstract
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22,595.00 to $34,287.00 /year
- Children's Mental Health: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)