JOB TITLE: QA Tester
STATUS: Temporary employment
WORK FREQUENCY: 40 hrs/wk, weekends and overtime as needed
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Varies; depends on project
We are looking for highly-motivated QA professionals who possess a strong attention for detail and a passion for testing AAA games. As a QA Tester, you will perform day-to-day analysis and examination of our games and associated materials. Responsibilities include performing tests, reporting anomalies (bugs), and verifying implemented fixes throughout the development cycle.
The QA Tester will be hired as a Volt employee who will be working on-site at Treyarch Studios as the client. The employment relationship and any employment related questions or concerns will be managed by Volt as the direct employer. Employment with Volt is contingent upon an acceptable background investigation and training period. All employees must submit to a seven-year multi-county and separately held misdemeanor court search, along with a seven-year federal criminal search.
Only applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. There are no part-time positions available. Testing is performed on-site only in Santa Monica, CA.
No remote testing available. Relocation is not offered.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify and isolate software defects and technical issues a consumer might encounter in our games
- Report issues into our bug database using precise descriptions of how to reproduce each issue, how frequently it occurs, plus any other test-related details
- Ensure bug reports are written clearly and accurately, capturing each meticulous detail
- Work in a fast-paced environment that may require frequent shifts in area of focus
- Work in a team-based environment, completing individual tasks and collaborating on group assignments as necessary
- Partner with fellow QA team members and members of the development team to ensure the testing needs for the project are met
- Verify bug fixes have been fully implemented in-game, and reporting status updates for all test results
The skills & experience you'll need:
- Ability to follow directions, remain focused, and communicate detailed information clearly
- Must be able to work from 10 to 7 PM Monday through Friday with the flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Familiarity with multiple gaming platforms: current-gen consoles and PC
- Must be able to play First Person Shooter perspective games
- Must be able to perform testing on games and other software to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability and hardware/software compatibility
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and analytical skills
- Must be able to learn and apply new concepts, techniques, and procedures quickly
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent required
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
- Working knowledge of: QA methodologies, terminology, and tools; multiple computer hardware platforms and configurations; console and PC
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in QA game testing, technical support, or product development on multi-media software, console games, or demonstrated ability to perform accurate and detailed work in an equivalent area
- Proficiency with Jira, or similar bug tracking databases
- Strong working knowledge of PC software and Microsoft Office
- Experience with multiple video game testing platforms (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Associate's degree or Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent work experience
Who we are:
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible.
It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops games an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.