Dr. Alexander Spira, MD
Virginia Cancer Specialists
Expert in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Expert in Solid Tumors
110 reported clinical trials
154 drugs studied
3 years of experience
About Alexander Spira, MD
- Earned an MD from New York University School of Medicine.
- Received a PhD from the New York School of Arts and Sciences.
- Completed an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Undertook a medical oncology fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Serves as Director of the Virginia Cancer Specialists Research Institute and the Phase I Trial Program.
- Holds positions as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor of Oncology at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- Actively involved in leadership roles within the USOncology network, including Co-Chair of the Thoracic Oncology Committee.
Area of expertise
Alexander Spira, MD has run 48 trials for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Some of their research focus areas include:
1Non-Small Cell Lung CancerGlobal Leader
Alexander Spira, MD has run 46 trials for Solid Tumors. Some of their research focus areas include:
2Solid TumorsGlobal Leader
Virginia Cancer Specialists
Virginia Cancer Specialists, PC
Clinical Trials Alexander Spira, MD is currently running
More about Alexander Spira, MDClinical Trial Related3 years of experience running clinical trials · Led 110 trials as a Principal Investigator · 67 Active Clinical Trials
Treatments Alexander Spira, MD has experience with
- Avutometinib (VS-6766)
Breakdown of trials Alexander Spira, MD has run
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Other Doctors you might be interested in
Frequently asked questions
Do I need insurance to participate in a trial?
Almost all clinical trials will cover the cost of the ‘trial drug’ — so no insurance is required for this. For trials where this trial drug is given alongside an already-approved medication, there may be a cost (which your insurance would normally cover).
What does Alexander Spira, MD specialize in?
Alexander Spira, MD focuses on Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Solid Tumors. In particular, much of their work with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer has involved metastatic patients, or patients who are Stage IV.
Is Alexander Spira, MD currently recruiting for clinical trials?
Yes, Alexander Spira, MD is currently recruiting for 63 clinical trials in Fairfax Virginia. If you're interested in participating, you should apply.
Are there any treatments that Alexander Spira, MD has studied deeply?
Yes, Alexander Spira, MD has studied treatments such as Pembrolizumab, Nivolumab, Docetaxel.
What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Alexander Spira, MD?
Apply for one of the trials that Alexander Spira, MD is conducting.
What is the office address of Alexander Spira, MD?
The office of Alexander Spira, MD is located at: Virginia Cancer Specialists, Fairfax, Virginia 22031 United States. This is the address for their practice at the Virginia Cancer Specialists.
Is there any support for travel costs?
The coverage of travel expenses can vary greatly between different clinical trials. Please see more financial detail in the trials you’re interested to apply.