Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial is studying how well HSV-tk (gene therapy), valacyclovir, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy work in treating patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme or anaplastic astrocytoma.
- Anaplastic Astrocytoma
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You are okay with providing tissue samples for the study.The patient is allowed to receive a second treatment of HSV-tk after a 6 month period.
- Group 1: Experimental: ADV/HSV-tk (gene therapy)
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people fit the requirements for participation in this research project?
"That is accurate, the trial information on clinicaltrials.gov reveals that the study is looking for additional participants. The study was first posted on February 28th, 2018, with the most recent update being on September 3rd, 2020. The study is looking for 62 individuals at 1 location."
Are there any current openings for new enrollees in this clinical trial?
"Yes, this trial is still recruiting patients. According to the information available on clinicaltrials.gov, the trial was first posted on February 28th, 2018 and was most recently updated on September 3rd, 2020."
Share this study with friends