Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Various Treatments for Prostate Cancer with Oligorecurrence(VA STARPORT Trial)
VA STARPORT Trial Summary
This trial is testing whether adding PET-directed local therapy to standard systemic therapy improves disease control in Veterans with oligorecurrent prostate cancer.
- Prostate Cancer
VA STARPORT Trial Eligibility Criteria
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
VA STARPORT Trial Timeline
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Awards & Highlights
VA STARPORT Trial Design
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have a medical condition that might affect your ability to receive treatment or interfere with the study assessments, as determined by the investigator at the study site.You have cancer that has spread to other parts of your body, except for the areas that are being studied in this trial.You have had localized prostate cancer in the past and have undergone treatment for it, but now have a recurrence of the cancer in certain areas of your body. You must have had certain imaging tests done within the past 90 days to confirm the recurrence and have a plan in place for genetic testing. You must also be a candidate for salvage therapy as determined by a urologist or radiation oncologist.
- Group 1: Standard Systemic Therapy (SST)
- Group 2: SST + PET-directed local therapy
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What medical condition does SRT usually target?
"Salvage Local Therapy is an effective treatment for recurrent disease that manifests in the form of ulcerative colitis, varicella-zoster virus acute retinal necrosis, or a change in scalp structure."
Are there other examples of research studies that focus on Salvage Local Therapy for treating cancer patients with recurring disease?
"Currently, there are 963 different clinical trials studying Salvage Local Therapy for recurrent disease. Of those studies, 308 are in the critical third phase. The largest number of these studies is based out of Sacramento, California; however, there are 51691 locations conducting research on this topic."
how many different places are patients being recruited for this research?
"This trial has 18 enrolling patients, including at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, TX; VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System University Drive Division in Pittsburgh, PA; and VA Long Beach Healthcare System in Long Beach, CA. There are also other locations with enrolling patients for this trial."
Share this study with friends