Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
This trial is testing if CBD ODTs can help treat pain and improve function in people with knee osteoarthritis.
- Knee Arthritis
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have moderate to severe pain, rated at least 4 out of 10 on a pain scale.You have moderate to severe knee osteoarthritis.You have a history of using cannabis excessively or becoming dependent on it.You have significant neurological conditions like memory loss, difficulty moving, trouble thinking, seizures, or a history of serious head injury.You have knee osteoarthritis that has been classified as grade II or III according to the Kellgren-Lawrence grading system.You are experiencing pain rated 4 or higher on a visual analog scale (VAS).You have been experiencing knee pain for at least three months, happening on most days during that time.You have moderate to severe knee osteoarthritis.You are female and you are currently practicing effective forms of two types of birth control, which are defined as those, alone or in combination, that result in a low failure rate (less than 1% per year) when used consistently and correctly.You have been taking opioid medications recently for any reason.You have a large buildup of fluid in your body that needs to be drained.You have been diagnosed with severe depression, mental illness, or problems with substance abuse.You currently have thoughts of hurting yourself or have had them in the past.You have received injections in your knee, such as cortisone, platelet-rich plasma (PRP), or hyaluronic acid, in the past 3 months.You have been diagnosed with a major psychiatric illness, like bipolar disorder, according to the DSM-V guidelines.You have had a stroke or heart attack in the past three months.You have been experiencing knee pain for at least three months, and it has been happening on more than half of those days.You have been experiencing knee pain for at least three months, happening at least half of the time during that period.You have a pain score of 4 or higher on a visual scale.
- Group 1: CBD Group
- Group 2: Placebo Group
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this experiment have an age limit? At what point do potential participants become too old to be included in the research?
"The age range that this clinical study is recruiting patients starts at 40 years old and finishes at 75 years old."
Are patients still being accepted into this research program?
"Per the clinicaltrials.gov website, this clinical trial is actively recruiting patients. The study was originally posted on 6/22/2022 and has since been edited on 7/15/2022."
How can I become a part of this clinical trial?
"This trial is looking for 100 patients that are 40-75 years old and have arthrosis. Other inclusion criteria include: pain in the knee for at least 3 months, a VAS score of 4 or higher, and being pre-menopausal (for female patients). Patients must also be using effective forms of contraception."
Could you please explain what other research has looked into Cannabidiol (CBD)?
"Right now, 83 different clinical trials are underway for Cannabidiol (CBD). Of these, 18 have progressed to Phase 3. However, the majority of research locations for this treatment are in Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo. In total, 311 medical centres are running studies on CBD's efficacy."
How many individuals are being included in this research project?
"Yes, this is an ongoing study that has updated their information on clinicaltrials.gov as of 7/15/2022. They are looking for 100 individuals to participate at 1 site."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
How responsive is this trial?
Typically responds via
Most responsive sites:
- NYU Langone Health: < 48 hours
Average response time
- < 2 Days
Share this study with friends