Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Cyclophosphamide + FOLFIRINOX + GVAX + SBRT for Pancreatic Cancer
This trial is testing a new cancer vaccine in people with pancreatic cancer who have had surgery. The vaccine will be given with two different doses of chemotherapy.
- Pancreatic Cancer
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Side effects dataFrom 2015 Phase 2 trial • 32 Patients • NCT01205503
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You are pregnant or currently breastfeeding.You have or had certain medical conditions related to your heart, liver, kidney, lungs, brain, immune system, or other parts of your body that are specified in the study.During your surgery, at least one small metal clip made of titanium will be placed to help plan your radiation treatment.You have received chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or biologic therapy within the past 28 days before starting the study drug.
- Group 1: Cyclophosphamide, Vaccine, SBRT, and FOLFIRINOX
- Group 2: SBRT and FOLFIRINOX
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What other investigations involving Cyclophosphamide have been conducted thus far?
"Currently, there are 1412 clinical trials for Cyclophosphamide underway. Out of these, 338 have advanced to the third stage of testing. A majority of this research is occurring in Guangzhou, Guangdong; however, investigations into its efficacy span over 51076 locations across the globe."
Is the age limit for this clinical trial restricted to individuals who are at least 18 years old?
"Prospective patients must meet the following age requirements in order to be included: 18 years or older, and 76 or younger."
How many participants are actively involved in this clinical trial?
"Unfortunately, at this time there is no recruitment for the trial initially posted on October 29th 2012 and most recently updated March 3rd 2022. However, if you are still searching for studies to join, please be aware that 1353 clinical trials focusing on pancreatic cancer and 1412 research programmes involving cyclophosphamide are actively recruiting participants."
Are there any open slots presently available for this research trial?
"According to the clinicaltrials.gov website, this particular medical study is no longer recruiting at present. The trial was first announced on October 29th 2012 and last updated March 3rd 2022. While it's not actively looking for new participants presently, there are 2,765 other trials searching for volunteers right now."
Are there certain eligibility criteria for participating in this research?
"This research is enrolling 19 individuals between 18 and 76 years old that possess a malignancy of the pancreas. Qualifying patients must have undergone surgical removal within 10 weeks, be in an ECOG Performance Status 0 to 1, utilize approved forms of birth control for 28 days post-therapy, comply with study protocol, not had prior Chemotherapy/radiation or biological therapies pertaining to pancreatic cancerf birth control for 28 days post-therapy, comply with study protocol, not had prior Chemotherapy/radiation or biological therapies pertaining to pancreatic cancer, and have titanium clips implanted during surgery for SBRT treatment planning."
For what general medical purposes is Cyclophosphamide commonly utilized?
"Commonly prescribed to treat small cell lung cancer, cyclophosphamide has also been shown to offer relief from multiple sclerosis, leukemia, myelocytic disorders and various types of carcinoma such as acute and rectal."
Share this study with friends