Your session is about to expire
← Back to Search
Psilocybin for Healthy Subjects in Professional Leadership Roles in Religion
This trial is testing whether psilocybin can help religious leaders have more meaningful experiences.
Inclusion CriteriaYou will be eligible if you check “Yes” for the criteria below
Study ObjectivesOutcome measures can provide a clearer picture of what you can expect from a treatment.
Side effects dataFrom 2021 Phase 2 trial • 95 Patients • NCT02061293
Awards & Highlights
Find a Location
Participation is compensated
You will be compensated for participating in this trial.
Who is running the clinical trial?
- You have a history of seizures caused by epilepsy.The applicant must have a college degree or equivalent, and be a graduate or professional.The subject agrees not to take any nonprescription medication, nutritional supplement, or herbal supplement for one week before each drug session, except when approved by the study investigatorsThere is no foreseeable likelihood for a major life-altering event for her or himself or a close family member during the next year.Your close family member (like a parent or sibling) has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, psychotic disorder, or bipolar disorder.You are taking medication for mental health issues regularly.I have given my written permission.You agree to avoid taking medications like Viagra or Cialis for three days before each drug administration.You are a leader in a well-known religious organization and spend a lot of time helping people seeking spiritual guidance or support.On the mornings of the psilocybin session days, the participant should agree to consume approximately the same amount of caffeine as they would on a usual morningWe ask that you refrain from using any mind-altering substances, including alcohol and nicotine, for 24 hours before and after each drug administrationYou hold a high position in a religious organization and spend a lot of time helping people seeking spiritual guidance or support.You agree not to take medications like Viagra or Cialis within 72 hours of each study drug administration.You have heart-related health problems like blocked arteries, high blood pressure that is not under control, or recent heart attack or stroke.You have been diagnosed with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, except if it was caused by drugs or a medical condition.You have had a problem with alcohol or drug abuse in the past 5 years or have had severe depression.
- Group 1: Immediate Participation
- Group 2: Delayed Participation
- No Placebo-Only Group - All patients enrolled in this study will receive some form of active treatment.
- Screening: It may take up to 3 Weeks to process to see if you qualify in this trial.
- Treatment: The duration you will receive the treatment varies.
- Follow Ups: You may be asked to continue sharing information regarding the trial for 6 Months after you stop receiving the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have any other experiments utilized Psilocybin in their research?
"Currently, there are 33 ongoing Psilocybin trials. 0 of these clinical studies have reached the Phase 3 stage yet. While a majority of them originate in Vancouver, Washington, they span across 36 different locations worldwide."
What criteria make someone a suitable candidate for this research?
"This clinical trial is open to healthy adults between the ages of 25 and 80. Up to 20 participants can be included in this medical study."
To what extent has participation in this medical experiment been extended?
"Sadly, this trial is no longer open to patients. It was initially listed on March 1st 2015 and the last update occurred May 31st 2022. However, there are currently 840 trials for healthy subjects (hs) that admit participants as well as 33 studies involving psilocybin actively recruiting patients."
Does this trial have an age restriction and, if so, is it open to persons above the age of 18?
"According to the trial's guidelines, applicants aged between 25 and 80 are eligible. Additionally, there are 50 spots reserved for participants younger than 18 years old and 401 vacancies available for individuals over 65."
Are there still opportunities to participate in this research protocol?
"At this moment, the study is not seeking out new participants. The research was initially launched on March 1st 2015 and most recently updated on May 31 2022. However, if you wish to look into other trials there are currently 840 studies recruiting healthy subjects (hs) as well 33 clinical experiments exploring psilocybin treatments actively searching for patients."
What safeguards are in place to ensure the safe use of Psilocybin?
"Taking into account the limited evidence related to Psilocybin's efficacy and safety, our team at Power assigned it a score of 1."
Who else is applying?
What state do they live in?
How old are they?
What site did they apply to?
What portion of applicants met pre-screening criteria?
How many prior treatments have patients received?
What questions have other patients asked about this trial?
Why did patients apply to this trial?
Share this study with friends