Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.Job Summary
Robust summer internship which provides an excellent opportunity to gain industry and general business knowledge on the job and in workshops. Develop technical skills and business acumen through real work/challenging assignments. The application process is extremely competitive.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing future finance and business leaders for many years
- Industry leading financial performance and a world class finance organization (learn from the best!).
- Travelers is one of 30 companies included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. (i.e. other Dow companies include - Nike, Microsoft, Disney, Apple, Exxon Mobil, etc.)
- Opportunities to make a significant impact by becoming a value added business partner.
- Long term career opportunities for finance professionals within the Financial Services industry. Many of our senior Corporate leaders have finance or accounting backgrounds.
- Finance workshops and online trainings included.
- Significant, continuous individual performance feedback both real time and formal.
- Learn about our Financial Management Leadership Development Program.
Responsibilities may include supporting and shadowing managers (i.e. - preparing documents, spreadsheets, attending meetings) in one or more of the following areas:
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Creation and analysis of management information
- Activity-based costing
- Project management
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Product line profitability analysis
- Modeling/database implementation and analysis
- Internal audit
- Financial reporting and analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Preferred Majors – Accounting and Finance
- GPA of 3.2 or greater
- Current college sophomore (rising junior as of summer 2020)
- A passion for and the ability to discuss/describe financial statements and other finance & accounting concepts/ measures
- Desire for a long term career in General Financial Management
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.