Under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the Casino general ledger, preparing financial statements, supporting schedules and reconciliations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares some balance sheet account reconciliations, including some bank reconciliations, and supporting schedules for month end closings.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements monthly for departments.
- Prepares analysis between budget and actuals for some departments.
- Assists Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Manager and/or Assistant Controller with bookkeeping and maintenance of financial records.
- Maintains full general ledger maintenance and financial reporting for some departments.
- Records daily main bank transactions and reconciles them to the deposits.
- Prepares and enters new vendors into the financial system.
- Retrieves and processes documents requested by third parties including, but not limited to, credit card disputes, chargebacks, and returned items.
- Prepares and scans electronic files into the enterprise information management system.
- Maintains and organizes General Ledger files and supporting documents.
- Other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting.
- Two to four years’ related experience and/or training preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Familiarity and experience with general office equipment, including but not limited to 10-key calculator by touch, computerized financial systems, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively respond to inquiries from vendors, managers, and employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!