Manager – Asset Management & Automation.
- Provide leadership and strategy for a world class Aluminum Smelter and Hydro Generating facility in Kitimat, BC
- Provide vision, strategy and delivery to increase Automation & Business Intelligence
- Make a tangible impact, delivering real value to the business and team.
About the role
We are looking for a Manager - Asset Management & Automation to be responsible for driving excellence in the Asset Management organization and leading a team of professionals to define and implement short, medium and long term asset management strategies and processes across the entire facility. In addition, this role includes the direct management of site wide services in the Warehouse, Mobile Vehicle and Fabrication shops. The role also has accountability to provide vison and strategy to understand and implement best practice automation, data analytics and business intelligence solutions, as well as directly lead a team of automation engineers & technicians.
This role is a great opportunity to join the BC Works leadership team to think strategically and deliver tangible value to the entire facility by deploying the Rio Tinto Asset Management strategies, systems and processes as well as developing the reliability& maintenance team’s skills. Working a 5 days on, 2 off roster and reporting to the Operation Director - Power & Services, you will be:
- Championing Asset Management principals aligned to the Rio Tinto framework.
- Leading the Development, Implementation, Monitoring and Management of Reliability programs including, but not limited to, RCM, PM and PDM.
- Applying business evaluation techniques in conjunction with risk assessment principals to optimize plant operation and service delivery.
- Developing and implement equipment& shutdown strategies to drive value & manage the safe and efficient delivery of capital spending programs (CAPEX / OPEX).
- Identifying threats and opportunities to business objectives through data, conversations and observations; and diagnosing root causes to determine the required intervention.
- Working to lead the automation team to understand and assess applicability for best practice automation, data analytics and business intelligence opportunities
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree qualification in engineering or strong, relevant technical / trade background and industry experience.
- Experience in a managerial role and have delivered results on asset management, reliability and business objectives.
- 10 or more years’ experience working in power generation, automation, aluminum smelting or similar industrial environment.
- Mature and detailed understanding of Health & Safety leadership, culture, systems and management.
- Strong experience in ‘Reliability Centered Maintenance’ (RCM), Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), Preventative and Predictive Maintenance / analytics programs.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode, Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Strong communication skills including preparation of technical reports and presentations to senior management.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Lean/six sigma experience
- Automation, robotics or data analytics
Please note: this is not a fly-in-fly-out position. Relocation to Kitimat (or surrounding area) will be necessary.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto’s BC Works is a part of the Atlantic Operations of the Aluminium product group. Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=CTp1jkRKeBI
Rio Tinto has been Operating in British Columbia for over 60 years. With industry leading new technology and four generations of employee expertise, as well as our hydropower facility at Kemano and the Nechako Reservoir, the Kitimat smelter is one of the most competitive aluminium smelters in the world, producing aluminium with one of the lowest carbon footprints in the world.
Rio Tinto is proud to operate in BC alongside our 1000 employees, community stakeholders and First Nations, and we look forward to the next 60 years.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the leadership opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.