As the Nike Sportswear Brand Specialist, you will support in the creation and implementation of category and seasonal initiatives that strengthen the brand, fuel consumer demand and deepen our connection with consumers in North America, specifically focused on the West Coast and Los Angeles.
As the Nike Sportswear Brand Specialist in LA, you will:
- Represent the voice of the Los Angeles Nike Sportswear consumer and be the protector of the brand.
- Manage product buys, ensure timely product shipping, delivery and inventory management.
- Assist in the gathering of information and the progression of categorical and seasonal event initiatives, ensuring excellence with functional partners.
- Support the development of strategic marketing plans and briefs, as well as develop the field-work/research needed for the plans.
- Contribute to the West team’s development of strategy, implementation and evaluation of plans for the category, seasonal marketing initiatives and to the definition of Nike Sportswear marketing strategies that support the broader brand plan.
- Maintain close relationships with key consumer groups and work closely with Sports Marketing, Influencer Marketing, Event Marketing, North America / Global Marketing teams to identify influencers and stay current on market trends.
- Support the integrated marketing process and assist in overseeing processes that enable timely and effective implementation by cross-functional team.
- Support the development of seeding journeys, briefs and strategic marketing plans.
- Assist in initiative and seasonal reporting, internal recaps, QBR, etc.
- Stay current on streetwear and sneaker culture trends.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Assist in the process of managing agency, functional and cross category relationships.
- Be a proactive thought partner across Nike Sportswear, West and all partners.
- Expand the brand's understanding of the consumer, including aspirations, behaviors, interests, functional needs and values. This will include conducting formal and informal research, evaluating and distilling the findings.
- Meet regularly with Finance to track expenses against each assigned budget and work closely with the Inventory Management and Promo Planning teams.
- Maintain a collaborative, highly creative and progressive work style.
- 2+ years’ experience in consumer marketing or related experience in marketing strategy, marketing planning, marketing implementation, retail merchandising, display and events
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or a closely related field; or 2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Genuine passion and knowledge of sneaker/streetwear culture, the Los Angeles consumer, and the Nike brand.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet all travel requirements for the position.
- Ability to balance creativity with organizational and procedural excellence in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment.
- Readiness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win.
- Pro-active information-seeking and strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity and working experience within Los Angeles is highly preferred.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Thrives within a team environment.