Does this sound like you?
You have big company experience and proven successes moving a Shared Services team through a large transformation. You are able to bring your strategy and vision to life with strong leadership and charisma.
How you’ll make a difference:
You will report to the North American Financial Shared Services (NAFSS) VP, Controller and is responsible, directly or indirectly, for the core operational accounting functions of the NAFSS Accounting Center of Excellence (ACE). You will drive optimization of the shared service accounting environment. You will interact with the key accounting leadership for each BU on a frequent basis to ensure the quality, integrity, timeliness and material accuracy of financial statements and forecasting. You will have primary oversight for the majority of the outsourced accounting work.
You will provide key leadership and bench strength for the Accounting Leadership of McKesson. You will lead and motivate a large, geographically diverse team. You will have technical accounting competence, critical thinking, leadership capabilities and communication skills and should be able to manage the demands of a complex, global public company environment. You will drive ongoing transformation.
- Drives accounting transformation of the decentralized operational accounting activities throughout North America. This transformation includes centralizing accounting in the NAFSS Accounting Hub, outsourcing accounting and automating where appropriate.
- Member of the ACE Leadership Team and the NAFSS ELT
- Responsible for month and quarter end close processes for virtually all accounting activities; support the Business Units to produce accurate, complete and timely financial statements
- Maintains key relationships with leaders of the outsourced service provider and has primary oversight for all outsourced operational accounting work.
- Establishes relationships with the Controllers and other key finance leaders of each business unit
- Well-versed in technical accounting and ensure all accounting is performed in accordingly
- Responsible for certain accounting integration activities for acquisitions as well as divestiture activities
- Responsible for collaboration and coordination with various FP&A teams to ensure forecasts are well informed of accounting-related issues and are materially accurate and reliable
- Design and maintain internal controls and documentation to effectively manage financial risk.
- Collaborate and strengthen relationships with leaders of cross-functional corporate teams and business units to ensure efficient reporting processes across McKesson
- Lead a geographically diverse team including virtual team members (outsourced) located in India
- Lead continuous process improvements by focusing on value-added activities and leveraging technology for increased efficiency and automation
- Implement process, system and internal control changes to ensure the month-end close processes are updated to incorporate impacts from M&A, divestitures, the adoption of new accounting standards, 2021 transformations and other changes
- Actively mentor and develop team members in the department and create an environment that encourages an openness to transformation
- Manage quarterly reviews and annual audits with external auditors in the relevant areas, providing requested schedules, information and other request
What you will bring to the table:
- 15+ years of accounting and reporting leadership experience
- Hands on experience leading change and business / process transformation in a Shared Service environment of a large complex public company
- Big-4 Firm audit or accounting advisory experience preferred
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required. MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Experience leading large, diverse teams in a Global Fortune 100 company setting
- Experience working with a global outsource provider preferred
- Strong communication skills including ability to present to Senior/ Executive Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong partnerships with all facets of the organization to develop and execute plans, leveraging various teams across the organization
- Excellent team building skills, strategic problem-solving skills, s trong project and resource management skills, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and internal control environments
- Experience using a large ERP system and consolidation tools such as SAP (preferred) and HFM
- Must have ability to travel up to 25% of the time
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding career with a fortune 10 company that allows you to do great things for patients around the world
- Competitive pay and incentive programs
- Trendy new office space
- Diverse and Inclusive Collaborative environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health plans including a great Wellness plan that reduces your premium costs and encourages your best healthy self
- Health Fairs and free biometrics screenings
- Onsite Fitness Centers with locker rooms and outdoor trails near by
- Generous PTO and paid Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Career development, trainings, tuition reimbursement
- Additional discount programs and more!
For Internal Use Only:
Career Level: M6
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. McKesson is committed to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through internal career site. Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!