Top Jobs in Illinois
Are you looking to pursue a lucrative career in the state of Illinois? Look no further! We've compiled a comprehensive list of the highest paying jobs in the Land of Lincoln, along with information on the necessary education and experience required to break into these fields.
Medical and Health Services Manager
Medical and health services managers, also known as healthcare executives or healthcare administrators, are responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the delivery of healthcare services. These professionals often work in hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities, and may specialize in a particular area such as finance or information technology.
To become a medical and health services manager, a bachelor's degree in healthcare administration or a related field is typically required. However, some positions may prefer or require a master's degree. In addition to education, relevant experience in the healthcare industry is also important for advancement in this field.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), medical and health services managers in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $116,090.
Software developers are responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software systems. They may work on applications for computers, mobile devices, or other electronic systems, and may specialize in a specific development area such as systems software or applications software.
To become a software developer, a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is typically required. In addition to education, practical experience through internships or entry-level positions is also valuable.
The BLS reports that software developers in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $105,590.
Physicians, also known as doctors, are medical professionals who diagnose and treat a wide range of health conditions. They may specialize in a particular area of medicine such as surgery, pediatrics, or psychiatry, and may work in a variety of settings including hospitals, clinics, and private practices.
To become a physician, a bachelor's degree followed by completion of medical school and a residency program is required. In addition to education, licensure through the state medical board is also necessary to practice medicine.
According to the BLS, physicians in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $208,000.
Dentists are healthcare professionals who focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions related to the mouth and teeth. They may work in a variety of settings including private practices, dental clinics, and hospitals.
To become a dentist, a bachelor's degree followed by completion of dental school and licensure through the state dental board is required. In addition to education, practical experience through internships or residencies may also be valuable.
The BLS reports that dentists in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $161,750.
Pharmacists are healthcare professionals who dispense and advise on the use of prescription medications. They may work in a variety of settings including pharmacies, hospitals, and clinics.
To become a pharmacist, a bachelor's degree in pharmacy followed by licensure through the state pharmacy board is required. In addition to education, practical experience through internships or residencies may also be valuable.
The BLS reports that pharmacists in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $121,770.
Management analysts, also known as management consultants, are professionals who help organizations improve their efficiency and effectiveness by analyzing and identifying problems and proposing solutions. They may work in a variety of industries including healthcare, finance, and manufacturing.
To become a management analyst, a bachelor's degree in a related field such as business or public policy is typically required. In addition to education, relevant experience in the industry and strong analytical and problem-solving skills are important for success in this field.
The BLS reports that management analysts in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $87,680.
Architects are professionals who design buildings and other structures. They work closely with clients to understand their needs and preferences, and create plans and drawings that meet building codes and other regulations.
To become an architect, a bachelor's degree in architecture followed by licensure through the National Architectural Accrediting Board is required. In addition to education, practical experience through internships or entry-level positions is also valuable.
The BLS reports that architects in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $78,520.
Sales managers are professionals who lead and motivate a team of salespeople to achieve sales goals. They may work in a variety of industries including retail, healthcare, and finance.
To become a sales manager, a bachelor's degree in a related field such as business or marketing is typically required. In addition to education, relevant experience in sales and strong leadership skills are important for success in this field.
The BLS reports that sales managers in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $119,140.
Marketing managers are professionals who develop and implement marketing strategies to promote a company's products or services. They may work in a variety of industries and may specialize in a specific area such as digital marketing or product management.
To become a marketing manager, a bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field is typically required. In addition to education, relevant experience in marketing and strong communication and leadership skills are important for success in this field.
The BLS reports that marketing managers in Illinois earn a median annual wage of $129,380.
Table of Highest Paying Jobs in Illinois
Here is a table showing the median annual wages of the highest paying jobs in Illinois:
|Job Title||Median Annual Wage|
|Medical and Health Services Manager||$116,090|
It's important to note that these figures are median annual wages, which means that half of workers in these occupations earned more than the listed amount, and half earned less. Factors such as education, experience, location, and demand for the occupation can affect an individual's earning potential.
We hope this list of the highest paying jobs in Illinois has given you some ideas for potential career paths to pursue. With the right education and experience, you can achieve success and financial stability in a rewarding field.
Major Industries in Illinois
Illinois is home to a diverse range of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, finance, and education. The state is also home to several major cities, including Chicago, which is a hub for business and commerce. Other major industries in Illinois include transportation, information technology, and agriculture.
Up and Coming Industries in Illinois
In recent years, Illinois has seen growth in industries such as renewable energy, biotechnology, and advanced manufacturing. The state has also seen an increase in the number of startups and small businesses, which can be attributed to its strong support for entrepreneurship and innovation.
Top Employers in Illinois
Some of the top employers in Illinois include:
- State of Illinois
- University of Illinois
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Caterpillar Inc.
- City of Chicago
- McDonald's Corporation
- Caterpillar Inc.
Clinical Research Jobs in Illinois
Clinical research is a vital field that helps to advance medical knowledge and improve patient care. Illinois is home to several major research institutions, including the University of Chicago and Northwestern University, which offer a variety of clinical research opportunities.
Major Hospital Jobs in Illinois
Illinois is home to a number of major hospitals, including the University of Chicago Medical Center, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, and Advocate Christ Medical Center. These hospitals offer a range of career opportunities, including positions in nursing, medicine, and administration.
Medical Industry Employers in Illinois
In addition to hospitals, Illinois is home to a number of medical industry employers, including pharmaceutical companies, healthcare consulting firms, and medical device manufacturers. Some of the major medical industry employers in the state include Abbott Laboratories, Baxter International, and UnitedHealth Group.
List of Top Jobs in Illinois
- Marketing Coordinator at Lincoln Park Zoological Society
- Marketing Manager - Apparel at Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc.
- Videographer at Loyola University Chicago
- Campaign Associate, Women's Division at Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
- Game Days & Events Internship - Sponsorship Department at WNBA Chicago Sky
- Supervisor, Culinary & Product Development at McDonald's Corporate
- Customer Success Manager at EZLinks Golf LLC, a PGA TOUR affiliated company
- Intern, Digital Marketing (SheBelieves) at UNITED STATES SOCCER FEDERATION 1
- Account Executive at Chicago White Sox
- Special Events Representative at Lakeshore Beverage
- Inside Sales Coordinator at NCSA - Next College Student Athlete
- Ticket Sales and Service Intern at Chicago Blackhawks
- Customer Service Representative at Cook County Sheriff's Office
- Intern, Special Events & Operations-1 at Chicago Cubs
- CENTRAL PAYROLL PROCESSOR II-COMPTROLLER (SEIU LOCAL 73) at Cook County Offices Under the President
- Census Taker at Chicago Regional Census Office
- Big Ten Network (BTN) Summer Internship Program - Chicago, Illinois at Fox Corporation
- Junior Help Desk/System Operator - Overnight Shift at Symbotic LLC
- Nike Athlete (Sales Associate) at Nike Inc.
- Best 10 Jobs in Chicago, Illinois
- Freight Conductor - Chicago (Rehire Bonus Opportunity) at CSX
- MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERN at City of Elmhurst
- Front-End Coordinating Clerk Supervisors at Sunset Food Mart, Inc.
- Architectural Designer at AIA Chicago
- Marketing Coordinator at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions
- Patient Care Technician at The Herbal Care Center
- Dispensary General Manager at Mission Dispensary
- Jr. Graphic Designer at Premier Beauty Supply
- Territory Sales Representative at Consolidated Assurance
- Recreation Aide - (Part Time) at Forest Preserve District of Cook County
- Software Engineering Intern - Summer Intern - University Students at McKinsey & Company
- Manager, Ticket Promotions at Chicago White Sox
- Sales at Prudential Defense Solutions
- Census Recruiter at U.S. Census Bureau
- Staging Design Assistant at Sizzle Productions
- Manager, Integrated Marketing at Chicago Cubs
- PSE MAIL PROCESSING CLERK at United States Postal Service
- Conductor at Chicago Rail Link, LLC
- SALES ASSOCIATE at Champs Sports
- Customer Service Representative at AKIRA
- Program Manager, Learning First at Google
- Social Media Coordinator - NBC Sports Chicago at NBCUniversal
- Track Worker- Chicago IL at CSX
- Architectural Designer / Intern at Senga Architects Inc.
- Production Assistants (Part-Time) at Chicago Cubs
- Social Media & Influencer Manager at Grassroots Cannabis
- Development and Office Assistant at Chicago Artists Coalition
- Customer Service Representative I at Chicago Transit Authority
- Telecommunicator / 911 Communications at Cook County Sheriff's Office
- Restaurant Manager at Beatrix Market - Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants
- Operations Manager at XSport Fitness
- Campaign Jobs: Work on Behalf of the ACLU at Grassroots Voter Outreach
- Applications Engineer I at Kirkland and Ellis
- Marketing Internship at Red Bull
- Global Account Manager - Chicago at Southwest Airlines
- Medical Marijuana Sales Associate at Columbia Care
- Flight Attendant Position at United Airlines Inc.
- Inside Sales - Recruiting Coordinator (NOW HIRING) at NCSA Next College Student Athlete
- Exhibitions Manager at Chicago Architecture Center
- Visitor Services Associate (part-time temporary) at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- Marketing Intern at Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants
- Office Services Clerk Lead at Metra Railroad
- eDiscovery, Digital Forensics - Entry Level Consultant at FTI Consulting, Inc.
- Executive Assistant at Trump International Hotels
- Virtual Admin Assistant for Holistic Biz Consulting Firm at Wake Up the Planet, LLC
- Stylist, Inside Sales at Trunk Club
- Customer Service Call Center Manager at VITAS Healthcare
- Marketing Project Coordinator at Swedish Covenant Hospital
- School Bus Driver (Sign-on Bonus) at Sunrise Transportation
- Retail Sales Associate at Bentleys Pet Stuff
- Marketing Manager at Trump International Hotels
- Coordinator, Operations at National Geographic
- Retail Sales Associate at Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.
- Modern Mill Solar Is Hiring Sales Reps - No Exp-No Cold Calls-$8,500/Month at Modern Mill Solar
- Best 10 Jobs in Wheaton, Illinois
- Assistant Regional Census Manager at U.S. Census Bureau
- adidas Field Agent - Chicago at Archrival Agents | adidas Field Agent Program
- Entry Level Software Developer at Quintrix Solutions, Inc
- Summer Intern- Oncology at Dupage Medical Group
- Marketing Coordinator at Cog Hill Golf & CC
- ASSISTANT MANAGER at Champs Sports
- Account Executive - Inside Sales at Filmtools
- Staff Accountant at Innovista Health Solutions
- Senior Manager - Marketing and Creative Operations at Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- NBC Sports Chicago - Summer 2020 Internship at NBCUniversal
- Territory Lead Manager at Orangetheory Fitness
- Software Engineer - Entry Level at Pathrise
- Event and Marketing Specialist, Conference Center at Prairie State College
- VP of Sales at Prudent Pet Insurance
- Accountant at Sheridan Healthcare Services
- Seasonal Sales Associate at Five Below